Xbmc library problems
Hi all,

Have a problem with the xbmc remote whereby the remote part of the app is working fine, I can navigate through my library and start films etc, but the library part of the app says no movies found. If I try the update option, it says "Error launching movie library update".

There are sources added in the desktop app and I can see them fine in the desktop app.

Thanks in advance.
Hi and welcome to the forum Smile

Since you're new I'll allow myself asking: Do you also have your movies scanned to the library? You can check this by going into Video -> Movies in the default skin. If there's only "Files", you'll have to scan first.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Hi freezy,

Yes I can see the movies via the library... ie genres etc.

Thanks
Paul
Looks like something's wrong with the HTTP connection. Do you have HTTP API enabled? In order to do that, go to System -> Settings -> Network -> Allow control of XBMC via HTTP. Also make sure you the port setting is correct.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Ahh got it. Teamviewer seems to be using port 80. Changed the port to something else and its working perfectly now. Such a cool app, the sole reason for me going to xbmc from mediaportal.

Im now looking for a way to initiate my pc to switch displays to extended desktop mode (to enable output to my tv) and run xbmc. Any ideas?
That seems pretty XBMC-for-Linux specific to me. XBMC Remote is communicating only with XBMC, so you may ask this question in the Linux sub forum.
Would be for Windows 7 Smile

Will go looking for the answer Smile
I'm not sure if you got an answer but I use UltraMon to send xbmc to my tv. I'm pretty sure the free version lets you do that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc library problems0