Can I change directories without rescanning entire library?
Question 
Hello.

Basically I'd like to change the location of all my movies. I want everything to stay the same (thumbnails, info, fanart), so I'd rather not have to rescan the entire folder and manually fine tune all that stuff again. All I'm changing is the directory location.

Is this possible?

Thanks.
ryanlaing Wrote:Hello.

Basically I'd like to change the location of all my movies. I want everything to stay the same (thumbnails, info, fanart), so I'd rather not have to rescan the entire folder and manually fine tune all that stuff again. All I'm changing is the directory location.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

yes and no.

export your library to single files then you can can rescan and it should pickup all the exported data except for played status (unless that has recently been fixed).

in any case, you will have to rescan, tho exporting will save time by not having to rescrape from the internet
Thanks a lot. I sort of screwed up and it re scanned already.. so now I have to get all the new thumbs again.. But, might as well test out your method now to save the trouble next time.
you should also check out the programs like media companion etc, check the 3rd party support forum.

these programs will essentially scrape and/or let you easily edit metadata, fanart etc and store it with the movie files and xbmc will use this instead of rescraping from the internet whenver you have to rescan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I change directories without rescanning entire library?0