Disable suspend while launcher programs are running?
I'm running Dharma B3 XBMC Live on a Zotac ZBOX. Love it, great job you guys! Much smoother than before (been using XBMC since Atlantis on various computers). I've installed firefox and huludesktop and they run great (choppy video--thanks a lot Adobe...) but I have XBMC's shutdown timer set up to go into suspend mode when its inactive for 15 minutes. The problem is, when I run firefox or huludesktop, XBMC sits there inactive and so 15 minutes into my hulu show, the computer goes into suspend. Is there a way I can tell XBMC not to suspend while a launcher is running?
Hey, can I disable the thing I enabledHuh?
I'll avoid making and equally stupid retort.

Yes, my question is, can I disable the thing that I enabled--using a script or something similar on the command line that I could add to my launcher script? I like having a nice interface to my media center, and the effect is really ruined if I have to tell the rest of the people in my room "Oh, wait, I have to disable the suspend function before I start that hulu video you want to watch". Even better would be trying to explain to someone else how to do that once I've build their media center for them. Although I don't have a problem with it, not everyone has mastered the ins-and-outs of XBMC's menu structure. Is there a way to (and I'm going to put the next word in bold for you, so you'll realize my question does have merit), temporarily disable suspend, and then re-enable it when the launcher exits, automatically?
In case anyone wants more help that FishOil tried to not provide, here's a great method:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74034
That post shows how to set it up so your hulu desktop launcher will close XBMC (removing the suspend function) while Hulu is running (also improving hulu performance) and then re-start xbmc when it's done!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable suspend while launcher programs are running?0