Scanning in "movies" that I don't have to my Movies section?
Another case of this?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Of course, the fastest way to get to the solution is to query the database directly, to find which files are causing this.
sho Wrote:Another case of this?

That looks like my issue exactly. Should I reply here or in that thread?

My setup shares many similiarities with the OP. My setup somehow thinks I have "videodb://" as a source. In that thread you said the OP must have added it manually. I swear I didn't. I don't even know what videodb:// is. Sounds like some sort of network share with that name. The fact that he and I have the same issue tells me that this must be a bug. What are the chances we both randomly tried to open a share to a non-existant videodb://? Unless it's some keyword I am unfamiliar with.

I also have \\SERVER\Videos\Movies scanning recursively, which you recommend removing. Shouldn't this be left on since all the movies are in subfolders under Movies?

Finally, if the solution is simply to remove the database, is this safe to do while XBMC is running? By default my HTPC boots into XBMC. I need it running so I can SSH into it. If I delete the DB, I don't know if it'll go crazy (like deleting the Windows registry while Windows is running).
This is the third instance I have seen mention of this videodb:// source. My XBMC Live install constantly loads fake (non-existent) movies from there. What the heck is it?
Hiram Wrote:Of course, the fastest way to get to the solution is to query the database directly, to find which files are causing this.

Would love to do this. Any idea how?
Check out the PHP JSON API. (If you know PHP)
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
It was supposed to be a way to easily jump to your videodatabase.

So Say you enter your Video FILES section. But you want to go to your video library. You can just go to "videodb://"

Or if you want to make a button to jump to "TV shows by title" there's videodb://tvshows/Title (Too lazy to look up the actual code).

Sounds like the check got removed to NOT scan this as an actual data source. Because you can recurse into it nearly infinitely deep.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Well, there's a few ways.

Option 1 (query file directly):
If you have Sqlite installed on your box, go to your userdata folder, then into the Database folder. There should be a file there called MyVideos.db, open that with Sqlite and run the following query:

select movie.c00, strFilename from files, movie where files.idFile = movie.idFile and movie.c00= 'MOVIE NAME GOES HERE';

Obviously changing the MOVIE NAME GOES HERE to an offending movie title.

Option 2 (use XBMC to query):

Make sure you have HTTP control of XBMC enabled via the Network option under Settings, then go to this link, of course changing the SERVERNAMEGOESHERE and the movie name accordingly.

http://SERVERNAMEGOESHERE:8080/xbmcCmds/...OES HERE')

Personally I find option 2 a bit finicky, so I think option 1 is easiest.
As a recent convert to xbmc, i'm running into this problem as well.

All movies and TV shows are being misidentified no matter what scraper is enabled. They are identified as movies that aren't in my library but would appear early in an alphabetical list of random movies. This means that many are identified as movies with numbers in their title. Example: "15 Minutes" or "11:14".

This is happening on an AppleTV2 using a UPnP connection to an iMac running elgato's EyeConnect software. The Shared directory is called "Public" and inside that directory are movies with titles such as "The Joneses (2009)". I've tried renaming and restructuring with no success. For instance, putting all movies inside a "Movies" directory.

The video database has been removed many times and the library rescanned with all combinations of settings enabled or disabled. (Movie library: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db) TheMovieDB, Amazon and imdb all result in the same thing. Everything is being identified as a random movie with a number in the title.

Any ideas on what else to try?

The debug add-on has been installed and configured with my email. Debug logging is enabled. But I haven't figured out how to actually trigger the emailing of the log. How does one get to the screens depicted in the screenshots in this thread? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84162

While I can't figure out how to email it, I have inspected the log as written to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log

Here's an exceprt of that log:
http://pastebin.com/9kNgzBHn

As best I can make out, a .nfo file isn't found so it attempts a title lookup. However the titles it looks up appear to be just numbers like "158". This is seen in the log above, or rewritten for brevity below:
VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'http://192.168.1.102:2170/0/4/0/0/0/0/158.m4v'
InternalFindMovie: Searching for '158' using IMDb scraper

So it looks like the movie lookup is getting confused even before attempting to lookup the movie info.

For now i'll have to disable all the metadata functionality and use xbmc as a rudimentary file browser. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if there is more info that would be useful in debugging. Smile
Quick follow-up... it took a two days, but I finally got things straightened out. The solution was to not use UPnP. Instead, i enabled smb sharing on the iMac and pointed xbmc at that. Using smb as a source, movie and TV info is successfully being scraped.
Strangely enough, this has just recently started to happen on our xbmc install.

Our main install is on a Win7 machine with all files and mysql backend on a separate Win7 machine, using SMB.

I too get weird random number based movies on our system now.
I do wonder if it is a .nfo file created by Ember MM Revisited. Of the 3 that are still on the system all have a path of - 'videodb://1/2/'

Checked my sources file and it doesn't contain this nor ever has. Everything had been running pretty sweet up until this little issue popped up.

If anyone has any other suggestions, on what to check.
a.
--------
Win/ATV2/RaspBMC | MySQL | XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning in "movies" that I don't have to my Movies section?0