Scanning in "movies" that I don't have to my Movies section?
Sure you should, it does not however delete it from the library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi, recently I have been having issues accessing the TV Shows and Movie folders when I do not have a network connection. I am using my HTC Legend as a modem for my computer and when I do not have it plugged in as a modem I get the following screen when opening either folder:

As soon as I plug my phone in as a modem I get to the TV folder, even though I do not have an Internet connection, it takes around 30 seconds before I have internet.

I have tried with the latest Beta, as well as the two RC's.
EDIT: Sorry, posted in the wrong place
Strange, another occurance.
See here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85783
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Hmm. I think I'm gonna merge these threads into the General help and Support area. My suggestion for now is to post a debug log on pastebin from a time when you have an empty video library and you then scan your folders.
Ok, I have a really strange problem. I got my Movies folder set up how I want it and got it to scan for all the proper content, but it doesn't stop there. It will start finding a bunch of random movies that I don't have in the folder. The weird thing is that each of these entries has a number in the title. Looking up the file path, I noticed that each of these entries begins with "videodb://" and a bunch of random numbers. I have no clue what videodb is or why it's being scanned. All I want to do is remove these entries.

I'm using the Dharma Release Candidate 2 on Ubuntu 10.10. I really appreciate any help.
Are you using Ember Media Manager to muck around with your database?

EDIT: Rather, XWMM ?

And relax, please... your posts have been moved (twice now).
Haha yeah I just realized that, sorry.

Here's my log, although I'm not sure if it'll help:
http://pastebin.com/nnGgdp1W

Do you think the problem could be that I exported my database to the separate folders in Windows? In other words, I have all the scraped content locally available in each movie's folder. I'm thinking it may be going back through those files and trying to scan in the stored entries.
Again: Do you use (or have used in the past on this database) XWMM ?

I had to Google it t make sure but no, all my content is local and I don't use XWMM.
I had a similar problem that arose when I was using movie sets.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86083

Deleting myvideos34.db and rescanning eventually solved it.
Yeah, I also got it to work by deleting myvideos34.db and rescanning. Thanks for all the help.
After upgrading to the latest version of XBMC Live, I noticed that it is picking up random items that appear in the Movies section. I have it set to autoscan upon startup and this is generally my preferenec since the system is not on all the time and I am constantly adding new media. I feel like I am doing everything "by the book." I use Ember to download metadata and images. I have the movies in the proper hierarchy, etc.

\\SERVER
--Videos\
---Movies\
---- Moviename\
------ Moviename.avi
------ movie.nfo OR <Moviename>.nfo (1)
------ movie.tbn/jpg OR <Moviename>.tbn/jpg OR folder.jpg (2)
------ fanart.jpg OR <Moviename>-fanart.jpg (3)
------ movie-trailer.avi OR <moviename>-trailer.avi (8)

The only strange folder I had under Movies was _Subtitles_ because that's the only location XBMC allowed me to browse to when setting up a subtitles folder location. The only other place it let me look was the local LINUX file system and I don't store anything there. Everything is on my SMB share.

Anyway, on each startup, it picks up dozens of "fake" random movies. I get about half a dozen UFC fights (strange, I know. These show up under Movies). I also get foreign films with random titles "AB" or numbers ("4). These are just made up examples, so don't go looking them up on IMDB. They are real movies though with cover art and all. If I try to play them, it says the file is not found. If I go to Settings | Videos and do a cleanup, it works perfectly and the mystery videos all disappear. Then when I start up XBMC again, it all happens again.

Again, I can't find any rogue files that I may have left behind. Each movie is in its own folder with only the relevant files.

Any help would be appreciated.
Step 1) Debug Log.
Step 2) Reproduce the Problem.
Step 3) Pastebin.com.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scanning in "movies" that I don't have to my Movies section?0