Why are new patches from Nuka1195 being ignored?
Question 
Hi,

Nuka1195 made one of the best scripts ever for XBMC: Home Theater Experience Script. Yesterday he announced he won't be posting here anymore since the patches he posted for the working of this script in Dharma are being ignored: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post648155

Why are hispatches being ignored?
he knows why.
"spiff
Grumpy Bastard Developer"

What's in a name... No
what was grumpy about that? i'm just being decent and not giving the reasons out in the public out of respect. although they are actually out in the open if you know where to look.
no he really doesn't, unless it's because teamxbmc didn't get their way with the xbmc-addons repo.

which proves my point that you're willing to not improve xbmc because of some personal problem.

for someone who has contributed alot to xbmc, i don't deserve to have my tickets ignored.

no problem on my end, i only have to worry about merge conflicts, none have been difficult to fix.

anyone wanting to use any of my new scripts/plugins can go over to the xbmc4xbox forums and discuss them their, but as noted you will need to patch xbmc.

also team xbmc, you can remove all my plugins from your repo as the ubdated ones will not work correctly in xbmc and don't pick and choose when and what to use, don't use any.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
it's not about personal problems, those i handle just fine by personally ignoring everything with your name on it. that being said, i have never stood in the way of anything. but it can't be hard to understand that you alienated the whole team with your actions in that incident.
as requested, i have removed your add-ons from our repository (even though there's nothing saying we have to - i did this as a courtesy - you are after all distributing them under the gpl and we can do what we want with them under that license).
script.recentlyadded needs removing also.

your attitude is what i'm talking about, team xbmc will do whatever they want as was shown in that ticket.

you may remove my user account if you like.

good bye and thanks for xbmc.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
that one is so integrated that we'll need some time not to hurt skinners. but fine, i'll remove yours and replace it by a fork for dharma, then remove the need for it in trunk asap.
The developers do this on their free time, if you for some reason piss one off you can't expect that person to help you out, its as simple as that. And as said it have never hindered in any way your patches being integrated. Its not like its a club and just because one dev have problems with you none of the others will play with you.

Also something worth pointing out, and since I haven't looked at the patches (no reason except its not my area which makes my opinions void) its not against your patches per se. Just because a ticket has a patch does not mean it will be integrated. This is not a personal thing but sometimes a feature is just not wanted by the maintainers (or xbmc as a whole).

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Can't you guys just work this out? Because of this one of the best features in XBMC is going to disappear, which would be a shame. Though you have some disagreements you all want the same thing, improve XBMC, right?
don't worry - somebody will get the point soon enough.
It was hardly "ignored" jmarshall commented a few times outlining what was wrong with it and even added the bug fixes and made discussion about what needed to be done
Nukka you do some awesome stuff, but you're reminding me of one of my D&D buddies.

Yes, you have given a lot to the community (recently added, weather+, theater scripts). But why exactly should your tickets get priority because of who you are?
Nuka1195 Wrote:script.recentlyadded needs removing also.

your attitude is what i'm talking about, team xbmc will do whatever they want as was shown in that ticket.

you may remove my user account if you like.

good bye and thanks for xbmc.
Seriously? Huh

I don't know, and don't want to know, what's happened to upset you but surely hurting the rest of the XBMC community is a but excessive. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why are new patches from Nuka1195 being ignored?0