Problem with analog audio & RC1
Just installed fresh RC1 on Asrock 330's HDD. I use hdmi for video but still using stereo computer speakers for audio on analog output.

Problem is I can hear nav sounds while in menus, but can't hear any sound when playing videos.

EDIT: When I choose HDMI everything is fine with movies but there is no nav sound.

I suppose something changed in RC1 as it works without a problem with Dharma B4 fresh instal.

Anyway, any suggestions where could I go from here?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I think sound config has been re-worked between B3-b4-RC1 (correct me if I am wrong).
I assume you have checked the audo mixer add-on?

You probably still need a .asoundrc to get sound in both hdmi and analog out, if it is not genereted for you, create it manually as described in a number of threads. (This was needed in earlier versions of xbmc)
Thanks. I didn't know about audio mixer add-on and I was using alsamixer to remedy problem. I haven't succeed with either, thou. I un-muted everything except smart 5.1 and mic .asoundrc was generated during install.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Seams like a bug but it might be a feature - there are 2 sound devices "default" and "iec958". I made it work by choosing "default".

EDIT: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10683 looks suspicious :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with analog audio & RC10