Media not showing in Library - NAS Setup
Question 
Hi Guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything through the search.

I have the follwing:
MacMini running OSX 10.5 and the latest version of XBMC.
WD Sharespace NAS in a Raid 0 config that hosts my media.

When trying to add the NAS to XBMC the shares don't show up under SMB Windows Share but they do show up under UPNP.
XBMC will then happily navigate the UPNP source and play all the media, but none of it shows up in the Library.

Content type is selected and folders have been scanned (although it only scans for a second, so it doesn't seem it's finding anything).

Not sure what else to try.

Cheers
UPnP is not scannable as the URLs are not stable.

Either just use UPnP or use a file-based protocol (such as SMB) that you can scan.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Cheers for that. I couldn't find that info anywhere on the FAQ's etc.

So my next question is, does anyone have a NAS similar to the WD Sharepace and know how to setup SMB access to it....
Romello Wrote:Cheers for that. I couldn't find that info anywhere on the FAQ's etc.

So my next question is, does anyone have a NAS similar to the WD Sharepace and know how to setup SMB access to it....

Welcome to forum!

All NAS are similar but user interface on them differ quite a bit:-) How about consulting your NAS manual about turning on samba (windows) sharing on and I'll help you setup Xbmc afterwards :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media not showing in Library - NAS Setup0