[LINUX] XBMC svn crashing when playing any video with a .ass subtitle
Hi,

I have a problem when I want to play any videofile with a .ass subtitle : XBMC crashes (quits) and leaves a stacktrace in the logs.

My current version is the svn 35376 from yesterday (but it did crash with all the svn versions I tested since a month or so) running on a x86_64 Gentoo Linux 10.0 distro (kernel 2.6.34-gentoo-r11-ipv6-64).

I also built a XBMC for Windows based on the same svn version and it works perfectly on it, so it seems that the problem is related to the Linux version of XBMC or perhaps only to my Gentoo Linux system.

Here is the crashlog and an example of .ass subtitle which makes xbmc crash :

http://pastebin.com/VH5N8prE

subtitle.ass

XBMC build options :
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/xbmc-9999 --disable-ccache --disable-optimizations --enable-external-libraries --enable-goom --enable-gl --disable-avahi --enable-dvdcss --disable-debug --enable-hal --disable-joystick --disable-mid --disable-profiling --enable-pulse --enable-rtmp --enable-vaapi --disable-vdpau --enable-webserver --enable-xrandr

Version of the external libass installed if it helps :
[i] media-libs/libass
Installed versions: 0.9.8(02:52:12 23/10/2010)(fontconfig png -enca)

Any help would be appreciated Smile

Edit: still the same problem after re-installing libass and updating xbmc to the last svn 35412
bump
now that is shameless. i'll let you rot another day for that. :>
what? sorry I didn't understand what you meant. did I "bump" too early?

should I open a ticket on the trac instead of posting here ?

thanks
yes, your bump was < 24h. in any case, don't take it too seriously. please let me look at it before we open a ticket, 0.9.8 is quite outdated (0.9.11 is out).
ok, sorry. so i will update libass and then re-install xbmc (if necessary ?) to see if it works. FYI I have libass 0.9.8 because it's the last "stable" version in Gentoo.
right. well, windows uses 0.9.11 so i have a feeling it's fixed in upstream after 0.9.8.
libass updated, xbmc compiling. I'll keep you posted, thanks.
Yes! It works! Big Grin

Thanks for the hint spiff Wink

Just had a small problem about the font filename :
Code:
12:49:33 T:140393555547920 M:1472856064   DEBUG: CDVDSubtitlesLibass: [ass] fontconfig_select: Using default font: (Arial, 80, 0) -> /usr/share/xbmc/media/Fonts/arial.ttf, 0
12:49:33 T:140393555547920 M:1472856064   DEBUG: CDVDSubtitlesLibass: [ass] Error opening font: '/usr/share/xbmc/media/Fonts/arial.ttf', 0

The font is named "Arial.ttf" (first char uppercase) inside /usr/share/xbmc/media/Fonts/ so I did a "ln -s Arial.ttf arial.ttf" and then it worked fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC svn crashing when playing any video with a .ass subtitle0