X10 Nstinct Remote for XBMC?
Anyone have a good walkthrough I can use to set up my X10 Nstinct remote to work well with my computer and specifically XBMC? The remote has turned out to be excellent for controlling everything else, from standard home theater equipment to lights and even my central air...would like to get it up and running to control basic functions of my computer and XBMC as well...have a USB U-IRT to go with it, and the x10 remote is a learning remote as well, and also accepts macros, as well as functioning both on IR and RF frequencies...

If not, would anyone in the DC area want to meet up and help me set up my remote for XBMC? I might be tempted to just buy you one as payment for your assistance...
Silverstone Case with Windows 7 HTPC(considering Ubuntu) with Biostar TA790GX A3+ w/ Quad-core Phenom 2 processor, 8GB DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaw RAM, Zotac nvidia gt430 gpu w/hdmi 1.4a, Pioneer BD-S02 Bluray Combo drive, Mygica HD Thriller ATSC/NTSC Clear QAM Hybrid PCI PVR card, USB-UIRT, Onkyo HT-S9300THX 7.1 System, 50" Panasonic Viera 3DTV (TC-P50GT25), Verizon Fios with Motorola HD DVR, XBOX 360 w/ Kinect, Panasonic DMP-BDT100 FullHD 3D Bluray Player, X10 NStinct Remote
Hi,

not really a walkthrough, but I recommend to try EventGhost.

- Create a new project inside EventGhost and try if it recognizes your remote (Maybe add one of the input plugins [Autostart -> Add plugin]). If you see a feedback of your actions using the remote in EventGhosts log you've already won.
- Add the XBMC command set [AutoStart -> Add plugin][Add macro -> Choose XBMC toplevel]. You should see all XBMC commands listed in a tree.
- From now on:
- Press the remote button you want to assign, drag the result from the log to the XBMC command you want to map in the tree.

Take a look at this video on youtube (not made by me) for better understanding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnMzu1h1gxc

hobBIT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X10 Nstinct Remote for XBMC?0