Newbie help - patchsticked but no XBMC etc
I have a 3.02 AppleTV that I patchsticked today using atv-win-1.0.b12 because atv-win-3.0.exe just crashed on my XP laptop. I edited the mk-atv-xbmc-ssh.bat file to collect the correct 3.02 dmg from apple and it downloaded/patched and restored to my 4GB USB stick ok.

I installed it into my AppleTV and it loaded all the way until it told me to reboot which I did

The AppleTV came back up and I have a new menu called Software Menu - but clicking on any of the list of sub-menu items just generates an error 'boing' from the AppleTV.

There is no mention of XMBC anywhere, or Launcher.

Any idea what I may have done wrong? I can SSH into the AppleTV put it appears somethings not running correctly

I tried

ps aux | grep Finder -> kill PID
grep: PID: No such file or directory

So it looks like finder is not running either.

Where is console.log so I can look in there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm now at a loss Smile
Well I guess there isn't much newbie help on these forums but fortunately, after some perserverance, I managed to get it working and so for any other newbies out there, here is what I found

You cannot use atv-win-1.0.b12 anymore - even editing the filename and location for the latest 3.02 firmware does not create a working patchstick (it loads into the AppleTV but does not provide a working set of software).

I managed to get atv-win-3.0 to work and after manually downloading 3.02 from Apple to the hard drive, was able to select it. However be aware that atv-win-3.0 is rather flaky - it took me several tries to d/l all the parts that it needed and it wasn't aware that it had previously downloaded some of them - may have been my wifi connection or a slow server but it wasn't happy. Also it insists on copying the 3.02 firmware every time you run it Sad

I told it not to install SSH as I already had it from the failed attempt with the previous version but it did it anyway!

I eventually got it to install and after a reboot I now have the launcher and I installed the new launcher, Boxee and XBMC and configured them. My only complain was with Boxee and it's video plugins - many of which don't work and fail with script errors but that's a post for another forum Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie help - patchsticked but no XBMC etc0