Problems sharing using XBMC Live
I am really ready to lose it.

I have spent the last 24 hours trying to get this crap to all work together.

I am running a Win7 machine with all my media files shared thru it. I used to have win7 on my htpc, and xbmc picked up the shares just fine, never had a problem, never gave it a second though.

But now I got my foxconn 330i up and running and decided to use xbmclive on it. First I couldnt get unetbootin and dharma rc1 to play nice and install. Read somewhere on xbmcfreak that beta4 worked, so had to settle for that.

Now I get on the system, get my wireless working on the system (atleast I think I did, dont know how to verify) and well I cant use SMB I guess. Duh Windows isnt the operating system, so why did I think that would work. But then I start reading that it can work. But I tired 10 different things, none of which work, I am pulling my hair out and dont know what to do. I am probably overtired at this point and shouldnt be working on this thing. I get the Error - Error 2: share not available popup.

I have no clue how to get SMB to work on my live machine and I tried looking into upnp, which also make my head hurt. I like easy and all this isnt.

Can anyone suggest anything? What should I do? All I want to do is share files from my windows machine to my live machine.

Please!
Make sure you don't have windows live sign in assistant installed on the windows machine. If you do I recommend you uninstall it. Its POS software that Microsoft tacks on with their Live software and games. From what I can tell it doesn't really do anything important and causing sharing issues with smb.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I am pretty sure I dont have that. If it didnt come with Windows, It wasnt installed on my computer
To test your network connectivity you can merely exit out of xbmc, this will put you into a console login where you can login using your username and password. After you login you can ping http://www.google.com to see if you have an internet connection. If the pings go through and you aren't seeing 100% packet loss, your good as far as that goes.

Also, as far as your windows shares. Did you set the samba password and workgroup in XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems sharing using XBMC Live0