Apple TV OS XBMC and Crystal HD output 1080p or upscaled 720p?
I'm currently running XBMC under Apple TV OS and it stutters and gets out of sync when playing 720p and not to mention 1080p files.

I'm thinking on installing the Broadcom BCM70015 Crystal HD Decoder card.

Will XBMC under Apple TV OS be in 1080p or will it just decode 1080p and upscale 720p?

I know the linux distribution does 1080p but i can't seem to use it past a loading usb stick which doesn't work quite well. I'm wanting to stay with ATV OS.
Bandit_Kaine Wrote:I'm currently running XBMC under Apple TV OS and it stutters and gets out of sync when playing 720p and not to mention 1080p files.

I'm thinking on installing the Broadcom BCM70015 Crystal HD Decoder card.

Will XBMC under Apple TV OS be in 1080p or will it just decode 1080p and upscale 720p?

I know the linux distribution does 1080p but i can't seem to use it past a loading usb stick which doesn't work quite well. I'm wanting to stay with ATV OS.

On the ATV OS it will be 1080p downconverted to 720p and there is currently no way around that (and I doubt there will be). You can manually install Linux on it, or use the Crystalbuntu flash drive/installer found on these forums and get actual 1080p output.

I haven't tried it, but it seems like the Crystalbuntu ATV image is pretty nice. Looks like quite a bit of people are using it. It also should be fairly seemless to get working.
dan1son Wrote:On the ATV OS it will be 1080p downconverted to 720p and there is currently no way around that (and I doubt there will be). You can manually install Linux on it, or use the Crystalbuntu flash drive/installer found on these forums and get actual 1080p output.

I haven't tried it, but it seems like the Crystalbuntu ATV image is pretty nice. Looks like quite a bit of people are using it. It also should be fairly seemless to get working.

HAHAHA, you doubt the power of my fu Smile
davilla Wrote:HAHAHA, you doubt the power of my fu Smile

Scotts got a secret??
davilla Wrote:HAHAHA, you doubt the power of my fu Smile

I just assumed with the release of the new box that the old one would just sort of live on in its current state... but I don't doubt your fu whatsoever. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV OS XBMC and Crystal HD output 1080p or upscaled 720p?0