[MAC] Plugins (iPlayer, etc.) are not using the Network Proxy settings?
I've been working on the BBC iPlayer plugin which works fine on my PC (through a UK Proxy) but which fails the GEO test

So I went into my Settings / Network screen and edited the proxy details to something completely fictitious and it made no difference - accessing the web continued without interruption.

So it looks like none of the video plugins are taking any notice whatsoever of the network settings

Any ideas?
Depending on what you are using iPlayer on, proxies will not work I don't think.

I connect using VPN from my mac - no issues.

I have set up proxy forwarding/reverse/something on my mac so that I can use proxy if required for my WII (this works) but when trying from another PC(any browser) it does not.

I can sort of get proxy settings to work on the XBMC (I use ATV) and this will get UK yu tube content for example, but iPlayer is a no go at the moment.
OK, thanks

I can get the UK proxy working fine for iPlayer on the PC but for ATV it's not happening - I actually wonder if anything actually uses the proxy in XBMC on the ATV as with bad settings everything still works.

So I don't know if the problem lies with the implementation of XBMC on ATV or in the iPlayer add-on (I tried it with both 9.11 and Dharma)

I IM'd the developer to see if it's possible to fix the proxy settings directly in the add-on but not had a reply yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Plugins (iPlayer, etc.) are not using the Network Proxy settings?0