Dharma RC1 doesn't scan folder .nfos
My problem is, that I have meta data, fanart and translated movie information different than english (my own). In XBMC v9.10, it scanned these files automatically if the files were present. Now it will only look after movie information from external sources (like iMDB) and ignore my custom scraped data in my movie folders.

Does anybody else have the same problem?
Thanks in advance.
Can you post your folder structure / file name examples?
Thank you for answering. My folder structure is like this:
  • THE_DARK_KNIGHT
- THE_DARK_KNIGHT.iso
- THE_DARK_KNIGHT-trailer
- movie.tbn
- movie.nfo
- fanart

All my movies have their own folder on my server. The odd thing about it, is that it have always worked, until i updated to Dharma RC1 (never used the betas)
What options are selected in "Set Contents"?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:What options are selected in "Set Contents"?

Options are set to:

Movies, Run automated scan + scan recursively. The selected scraper is IMDB. I have done everything, but XBMC still scraping online, instead of looking for the files in the movies folder. Huh
I can confirm my movie.nfo's stopped being recognized somewhere between dharma beta1 and beta4
Anyone knows why this is happening? I have 250 movies, then using a media manager would been pretty much a waste time?
Sounds like you don't have "use foldernames for lookups" enabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Sounds like you don't have "use foldernames for lookups" enabled.

Actually I can confirm this as an issue as well. I was not getting proper scanning of NFO files or fanart until I UNCHECKED "use foldernames for lookups". I never had this issue in the past.

This is only working correctly for mapped network drives. I still can not get XBMC to see my NFO or Fanart files on my FTP server as posted in my thread here.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86173
jmarshall Wrote:Sounds like you don't have "use foldernames for lookups" enabled.

Im definitely using "use folder names for lookups". everytime i install a new build i completely wipe my user folder and start from scratch since all my media has .nfo's. So every time I do a complete re-setup of xbmc and I have a routine for it so no settings ever get missed. Also, I checked my settings before i posted.

"movie.nfo" - does not get used

It's possible that "filename.nfo" get used fine, but i wouldn't know because i don't use that filename rule.

Once again. - Used to work fine in Dharma Beta1. my next update was Beta4 which is when i noticed the problem.

Also to be clear - my "fanart.jpg" and "movie.tbn" are picked up fine. Which total contradicts ritalin's post, who points out he wasn't getting proper fanart scanning with this option enabled.
rudeboyx Wrote:Also to be clear - my "fanart.jpg" and "movie.tbn" are picked up fine. Which total contradicts ritalin's post, who points out he wasn't getting proper fanart scanning with this option enabled.

What is your source, is it local, SMB, FTP, ect?

I can confirm that leaving it unchecked WILL use my NFO files on an FTP source. As an example when its not using my NFO files XBMC will use the proper foreign title for a movie such as Kôkaku kidôtai, when its using my NFO files it will show as I would like, Ghost in the Shell.

I still can not get it to use the Fanart or coverart (thumbs) provided in my FTP source. Whats really strange is that it will use TheMovieDB to pulldown the coverart but it consistantly fails to pulldown Fanart. I need to manually go in and tell it to use one from MovieDB or my FTP source for each and every file in the library.

This does NOT happen to me if the source is local.
Hallo,
I have the same problem.
Dharma doesn't read informations about movie from local stored files.
When I disconnect network, I receive information, that he can't read library informations and stop scanning.

So I go back to 9.11 - here is all working ok.

Alda
ritalin Wrote:What is your source, is it local, SMB, FTP, ect?

I can confirm that leaving it unchecked WILL use my NFO files on an FTP source. As an example when its not using my NFO files XBMC will use the proper foreign title for a movie such as Kôkaku kidôtai, when its using my NFO files it will show as I would like, Ghost in the Shell.

I still can not get it to use the Fanart or coverart (thumbs) provided in my FTP source. Whats really strange is that it will use TheMovieDB to pulldown the coverart but it consistantly fails to pulldown Fanart. I need to manually go in and tell it to use one from MovieDB or my FTP source for each and every file in the library.

This does NOT happen to me if the source is local.

I tried both methods and I can confirm, that either doesn't work at all. XBMC keeps ignoring my info content in the folders.
I have a possibly related issue. I have some movies as DVD clones organized as below:

Movie_Name/
audio_ts/
video_ts/

No movie art is shown until I navigate into video_ts and select on of the files there. The correct poster art then appears on the right of the screen. Prior to that, the standard folder icon is shown.

I was expecting that the art would be shown when the folder Movie_Name was selected.

I'm running Dharma RC1.
ritalin Wrote:What is your source, is it local, SMB, FTP, ect?

Its Locally Stored

I can confirm that all my art is picked up, just not the "movie.nfo"

My TV shows scan absolutely fine which leads me to believe xbmc is just ignoring "movie.nfo"

Can anyone confirm "moviename.nfo" works? (i.e. "Monsters (2010).nfo")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma RC1 doesn't scan folder .nfos0