Problem with Gnome display after xbmc optimiation changes
Hopefully I can get some help here. I've created a HTPC running Ubuntu 10.10. I had a problem with bad video tearing so I ran the script that is found in this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=tear

The good news is that it fixed my XBMC performance. The bad news is that it made a small section of the bottom of my screen unusable. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do in the xorg.conf or nvidia config to resolve this issue? The image below shows the unused space on the desktop now.

This is completely unrelated to XBMC and should be locked but I'll answer your question no matter Smile

The dock your using needs compiz (desktop effects) to run, without compiz you get a black border. All of this can be read on the docks homepage and unrelated to xbmc.

You need to choose another dock application or turn on compiz

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for the heads up Tobias. You are right, Docky needs Composite enabled in the xorg.conf file.

I wish there was a way I could have composite enabled without creating video tearing. I just tried enabling it and the playback on a 720p hd file showed the tearing immediately.

Again, thanks for the help. I'll probably switch to something like simdock

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Gnome display after xbmc optimiation changes0