• 34(current)
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)
Ok, patch file now updated - it's now 102kB, rather more palatable!

@Seb - the patch was created by using the source files that xhdl had posted (see top of thread) and then using git diff tool to generate the patch (after converting to unix format!). If you want to build the binary yourself, you'll find it a lot easier to apply the patch as per the instructions above. In theory that will then be easier to apply to the new trunk as changes for Frodo start getting applied - until the AudioEngine branch gets merged to trunk when all bets will be off again.

Hope that helps.
For those that have the need for this dual audio output in XBMCbuntu here is mine http://www.2shared.com/file/aZrynbkt/xbmc.html.
It also includes the following patch;
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124340
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12739
(2012-04-28, 11:53)PaulCarter Wrote: Ok, patch file now updated - it's now 102kB, rather more palatable!

@Seb - the patch was created by using the source files that xhdl had posted (see top of thread) and then using git diff tool to generate the patch (after converting to unix format!). If you want to build the binary yourself, you'll find it a lot easier to apply the patch as per the instructions above. In theory that will then be easier to apply to the new trunk as changes for Frodo start getting applied - until the AudioEngine branch gets merged to trunk when all bets will be off again.

Hope that helps.

Thanks your reply. I am not sure to understand your last sentence, I am not enough aware yet of those different words, such as branches, trunk... But I learn every day, thanks to guys like you.

I will then use the patch you did. Now I have built a dual boot on my desktop pc to try this, before doing it on the HTPC.. You know about WAF (Women Acceptance Factor) !!!
Can I apply this patch to another source of XBMC ? In fact I have been using Pulse eight packages for months, and want to keep on using them.

Thanks again.

Seb
I am using the XBMCFreak version of XBMCbuntu 11. Since i use an ION 330.

In Dharma i just copied the xbmc.bin file that some1 posted here.

But I dont have the source code for XBMCfreak, so I cant make from that compilation.

Does anyone have a xbmc.bin file that I can use with XBMCFreak??

Thank you. Desperatly need audio in both rooms :/
Been searching an answer in trying to get multi-zone working from xbmc htpc to the devon avr receiver and guided towards this thread.

So i have ASRock H67M-ITX (motherboard - intel) with XBMC (eden - final - windows 7 - installed), connected to the Denon AVR receiver using HDMI (i also have the optical connected, as well). There is main zone with 9.x speaker setup and there is zone 2 which are speakers around the house (i also have a pre amplifier and speaker selector in between this).

The problem is that Zone 2 is not working either from hdmi or optical. It does work from dvd player using optical connection but not hdmi; but from xbmc either optical nor the hdmi is working (i'm sure hdmi won't work); but how do i get multi zone to work from xbmc. I heard there is easy solution about connecting pre out to the zone 2 in or something in that terms; not sure how that work, can anyone guide me or guide me a good/best solution for this. thank you

(oh and the receiver i have is denon avr 5308ci)
(2012-05-07, 16:34)wildzx Wrote: The problem is that Zone 2 is not working either from hdmi or optical.
I don't know about your receivers but many only handle analogue inputs for Zone 2. I'd try again with an analogue output.

This is a fantastic patch and would be a great add-on to the main stream. It does exactly what I needed and has saved me loads of hassle trying to run audio cables through 2 newly decorated rooms and allowed me just to use the existing HDMI cable as a secondary output and the coax for the main living room feed. Excellent work on this and thanks.
Yes, it can handle optical input for zone 2 just not hdmi; but need to figure out how to use the patch to apply so it outputs to hdmi and optical at same time....thanks (i download the eden 11 patch from the first post; now how do i install it ) .... sorry just coming from Plex and just using xbmc so new to xbmc..thanks
(2012-05-08, 10:35)PaulCarter Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 16:34)wildzx Wrote: The problem is that Zone 2 is not working either from hdmi or optical.
I don't know about your receivers but many only handle analogue inputs for Zone 2. I'd try again with an analogue output.

I'm a bit of a newbie so please bear with me. I downloaded XBMC 11.0-dx Dual Audio.zip then tried to run it only to get an error message saying "The program can't start because SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I reinstalled XBMC and got the same result. And I tried installing it both with XBMC running and again with it not running. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate and SDL.dll is in the Program files (x86)\XBMC. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Jim
awesome patch (haven't tested it, yet on dual output setup... but sounds super great; especially for getting audio to zone 2 speakers which don't support hdmi. thank you)

quick question:
many of the options for the audio system settings for DTS HD receivers are no longer there after applying the patch; any effect this will have on the sound output to the DTS HD receivers or otherwise.

My setup

windows 7 - Eden final

hdmi output to denon dts receiver for 7.1 setup
optical output to denon dts receiver for zone 2 speakers

(reason why optical is also needed for the same receiver is zone 2 speakers don't support hdmi audio)
(and also hdmi is connected to the tv and most receiver allow pass thought of hdmi video/audio; so no need to turn the receiver on)
Hi guys.
I have been lurking around this thread for a long time as I have a need for dual audio out put (HDMI to my amp for Surround sound etc and analogue to my amp for Zone 2)
Anyway I had this working by using some modified asound.conf and custom devices etc which was rather inelegant but worked.
So after trying to solve a 24fps juddering playback that ended up being a setting on the TV I decided it was time for a fresh install.
So that brings me to where I am now. I have installed a fresh copy of XBMCbuntu. I have installed and configured Samba and set a static IP.
From there I have tried to install both Devilrunners and Paul Carters xbmc.bin files in to my /usr/lib/xbmc folder.
But thats as far as I get. Neither will load up. I have all 3 in the folder and have been changing the names. and only the original will boot.
Trying to boot from the login screen i get a flash of black screen then back to the login.
I am the first to admit I have limited knowledge of linux and compiling is beyond the scope of my skills.
Is it possible that something I had already installed i.e samba is causing a problem with the new xbmc.bin file?
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Justin
Ja4220
Did you take the version named xbmc.usr.bin that I built and rename it to xbmc.bin? The version (linked in an earlier post) named xbmc.bin is built slightly differently and won't start up if in the /usr/lib/xbmc folder.
If you did take xbmc.usr.bin then I'm not so sure what the problem is. What PC are you using?
The other approach to take that gives a bit more scope for problem solving is to install plain vanilla Ubuntu and then install xbmc on top of that.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Yes, I took the xbmc.usr.bin from page 48 (from memory) and renamed it as mentioned.
Using an Acer Revo 3610 which has served me well.
Is that all I needed to do, change the .bin file? I started thinking that maybe I missed a step somewhere?

Its all good I figured it out!
I was looking at the 3 bin files I had in the usr/lib/xbmc folder in filezilla. I realised the permissions were different. For some reason when I FTP'd the files over they only had no executable premissions. So I changed that and voila!!
Haven't tested it yet but it booted up and the second audio options were there so its happy days!!

EDIT: Edit: had a few dramas setting the second audio to analogue. Kept getting the failed to initialize error. None of the options worked. So I checked aplay -l and got this
Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ sudo aplay -l
[sudo] password for xbmc:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
xbmc@xbmc:~$
So I set the analogue output to custom and hw:0,0 and it all worked!
Thanks again to everyone who has made this patch possible!
Justin
Ok, got this working for my Receivers zone 2 (analog)

The only problem is since I installed the new bin file, the system boots up in the Linux GUI instead of going directly to XBMC like before. How can I change that?

Thank you
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)18