• 43(current)
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)
Windows 8
Then I think this should work for you: http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm
Is there a tutorial on how to use it for my situation ? (output same audio to HDMI and DisplayPort at same time)

I installed it but i'm confused... Right now i lost all sound after installing it...
I tried to find that on the xbmc forum: it's somewhere, but I cant seem to find it.

One sure fire way is to go back to the previous release of xbmc and use this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86038 i used that myself and it wokred beutifully. Now since they have not upgraded it i use a script on the remote to switch the audio back and forth.

But if you want to try VAC it should be written in the help file: basically you want to "route" one stream into two: it should not be that hard. (Or search the forum for where it is written more clearly).
can't find the topic you are talking about Sad
(2013-02-23, 13:20)twelvebore Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 21:44)circuit Wrote: I am in the same boat as the warm, for me the dual audio patch is needed as one of my outputs still needs to be analogue for my TV.
Dual audio does this but the hardware devices do not.

Yes, that's exactly what they do. They convert HDMI to HDMI + analogue audio.

(2013-02-23, 00:23)ReMi Wrote: Same here..

I need Stereo out on my HDMI
and 5.1/passtrough on my SPDIF

There are variants of these devices that split HDMI to HDMI + analogue + SPDIF, eg.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/hdmi-audio-extractor/38090.html

They are more expensive though. I think there are cheaper versions available in the US (from Monoprice I think, there's a thread about them on avsforums).

Would I be able to get dual out put of HDMI 5.1. and the SPDIF with that device ?
Can anybody answer my question ?
I'm getting stereo over HDMI to my TV, and 5.1 to my receiver over SPDIF.
Sorry, don't know about HDMI 5.1.
Still looking for a solution for Frodo
Can't find the tutorial for Virtual Audio Cable...

Is there any plan to upgrade this mod to Dharma ?

How easy is it to downgrade to Eden without losing my config and everything ?

I'm desperate...
Dharma was released before Eden and had this patch available for it at one time. The latest build is Frodo, there is no software solution yet for XBMC besides 3rd party software.

Downgrading should be fine as it will leave your appdata untouched. If you are worried, simply backup the XBMC folder located at %appdata% and downgrade. At worst, restore your backup and install Frodo again Smile
oops sorry i meant frodo not dharma...
anarchoi, if you use vac there is a perfectly well written help file included with the software. I also posted a step by step a few pages back.
DisplayPort isn't detected by VAC

I use the video card HIS iSilence H775P1GD Radeon HD 7750

It has a DisplayPort and HDMI ports and it supports audio through both ports. I use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and i can get sound through it (but not if i use 2 ports at same time, thats why i use Virtual Audio Cable)

However, the DisplayPort is not detected by AudioRepeater, only the HDMI port is listed in the Wave Out

I am using latest version

Wrote to VAC coder, no answer.
I can't get VAC to work, I've spent about 2 hours working on it. I've got 2 repeater windows open, both set to VC 1 as the input and the outputs set to HDMI and Stereo 3.5mm respectively. VC 1 is set as the default audio device. Only HDMI gets sound when set in XBMC to WASPI VC1. However I do hear the "TRIAL" nag from the analog speaker output.
VAC is useless. I gave up with it. Not working at all and support is useless.

I ended up buying a $1300 Denon 3313ci AVR with 3 HDMI output. Problem solved.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated)18