[Windows] Library not updating
Perhaps I can clear up what he is referring to as I am having the same problem.

I have my XBMC Video Library enabled. One of the setting when you enable the library on a specified source is for it to check for new content. As in you have added a new movie to your collection.

I have not tested it with TV Shows or Pictures, but I can confirm what he is saying in regards to video. I have 4 initial movies listed in my library.

I have since then gone back and placed more movies in the directory I identified as a source. XBMC is not picking them up and adding them into the library. If I disabled the library and browse the source folder I see all my movies. Once I re-enable to library, only the 4 movies that were in the directory since I first set it up come up.

Additionally there is no longer an option to tell XBMC to run a library update manually. So not only is XBMC not checking for updates on launch, but I can't manually tell it to perform an update as well.

I'm using Dharma RC1
I am experiencing a lot of the same problems.

1 - Adding new movies/tv-shows after initial scan

After initial scan of the designated sources for movies and tv-shows XBMC will not add new movies or shows to the library view. The videos all scrape ok, and they are added to the database - this I know because if I sort the library by anything other than "Title", the videos will show up correctly. The problem seems to be making XBMC find and display these files in library sorted by title.

2 - Removing files from the library

After initial scan, anything added to the library list, stays added. On my initial scan, XBMC classified a few tv-shows incorrectly because, I suspect, my folder set-up for those shows were a bit uninteligible for the program. So I renamed and moved the folders to conform better with what was inside, and pressed "remove from library" on the erroneus shows.

The result was that all the files and the artwork was removed from the said folders. but the folders themselves were not removed from the library (and of course - the renamed folders did not show up in the library, see above). This also only applies when viewing the library sorted by title, sorted by anything else, the wrong tv-shows have been removed, and the correct shows show up. This has led me to believe that the problem is not with the scraping and/or adding and removing from the library per se, but a bug with the library's sort by title function - it cannot "forget" og "discover" files after the initial scan.

I am completely new to XBMC, and I don't have much experience trucking about inside database-files, so I can't confirm or deny that that the problem is within the videodatabase.

I am using XBMC 9.11 r.26017

/bArrin

EDIT:

And another problem with the library (I don't know if it is connected or not): The library shows all files as "Unwatched" - regardless of whether the actual file has been watched or not. Choosing "Mark as watched" from the menu doesn't work either. This problem persists no matter how the library is viewed, be it by title, year, genre and so on.

/EDIT
This may or may not help track down the problem, but if I had to guess. There's probably a typo or flag set incorrectly in the launch script. Because when I launch XBMC is does scan for new content just not movies. Additionally if I go in through video and right click the folder and tell it to scan for new content is will perform the scan and pickup the new content. Its just no executing at startup.
I seem to be having the same issue and am having trouble tracking down the cause.

I have xbmc live installed on a revo and it had been working fine for several months. I use ember to download data prior to updating library and I have multiple video sources both from networked computers and from the local drive.

About 2 weeks ago, new movies I added stopped updating. Movies still play fine, but no matter what I do, I can't get new movies to show up in the library. If I go to videos, I can see these movies present on the disk and it shows their fan art and everything (though I suspect this doesn't necessarily mean scraping is happening as I scrape w/ ember before adding to xbmc)

Even stranger, when I turn debug on, update, and look at the log, it goes through and scans all the folders but skips right over the new movies (about 10 of them now?) The folders are there on the network, but when XBMC scans it seems to skip right over them without any mention. I checked permissions and everything seems to be in order, so I'm really running out of ideas.

Oh, and I updated to the latest Dharma svn last night (nice update btw) but it did not fix the problem. It's really frustrating, does anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking my next step is going to be wipe the library and refresh as I think potentially the library got corrupted somehow?
Ok, here's what worked for me:

Delete (or rename) the file /userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db

Go into videos, set content for each of your sources

Update library

This fixed it for me, seems like it was a corrupted database?
davebs Wrote:Ok, here's what worked for me:

Update library

This fixes it for me too, but only until I add more content, at which point I am back to scratch. Since I have most of my content stored on a NAS, it takes me several hours to rebuild the database - so it's not a viable solution for me in the long run...

But thanks for the input Wink

/bArrin
davebs Wrote:Ok, here's what worked for me:

Update library

Thank you! I've spent hours trying to resolve a similar issue, and your method worked great.
bArrin Wrote:This fixes it for me too, but only until I add more content, at which point I am back to scratch. Since I have most of my content stored on a NAS, it takes me several hours to rebuild the database - so it's not a viable solution for me in the long run...

But thanks for the input Wink

/bArrin

Check this post - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=651...tcount=13- is sounds like you are having an issue with the scraper.

I'd strongly suggest you go ahead and update to the latest Dharma RC2. After updating, remove the items that do not have a title, and then update the library. Worst-case, delete the movies34.db and rescan the source. The problems you are encountering are not normal....
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Library not updating0