[LIVE] Dharma RC1 + pvr-testing2 + hts-tvheadend
Hello !

i am currently running into a stupid issue when trying to switch over to the pvr-testing2 branch:

i am running a disk installation of the latest XBMC-Live Dharma RC1 release, i have added (and successfully installed/configured) hts-tvheadend as my live-tv backend, and everything is working fine !

now i was trying to switch over to the pvr-testing2 (or the pvr-testing build, doesn't really matter) so that i would be able to use the builtin HTS pvr-client, seeing as adding the HTSP source to the video sources, while working, is not an elegant solution (missing epg infos etc).

i have added the henningpingel repo :
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:henningpingel/xbmc
i have reloaded the sources
Code:
sudo apt-get update
i've removed the initial xbmc installation
Code:
sudo apt-get remove xbmc-*
and i've reinstalled xbmc, hoping it would be the pvr build
Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-live

unfortunately, it installs the very normal xbmc again (the current revision from, i think, the xbmc-team launchpad repos)

when running apt-get update again, i noticed this :
Code:
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net/henningpingel/xbmc/ubuntu/ lucid/main Translation-en_US

this is, btw, the only mention of the henningpingel repo throughout the whole update process.
did i forgot to do something?
is the current dharma RC1 live version unable to pull the xbmc packages from the henningpingel repo?
(i know that it's lucid-based, but there's all the necessary packages for lucid on the henningpingel repo?)
do i need to remove the team-xbmc repos first?
if so, how do you remove ppa repos? Tongue
i've always worked with /etc/apt/sources.list , so i don't know how to remove the ppa repos that have been added with the 'add-apt-repository ppa:' way, as they don't get added to the sources.list.

i'm really sorry if this thread sounds like a very basic question, but i've been reading through the forums on how to install pvr-testing builds on xbmc-live, and whatever i tried does not seem to be working :S
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr
remove the xbmc ppa.
spiff Wrote:remove the xbmc ppa.

i tried
Code:
sudo ppa-purge ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
even tho it runs an update by itself, just to be on the safe side, i redid
Code:
sudo apt-get update
i then removed xbmc, and installed it again
Code:
sudo apt-get remove xbmc-*
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-live

and it's still installing XBMC 10.0-rc1 r35326 ... i also noticed that while installing it did not download any packages.
shouldn't apt-get remove xbmc-* also remove the downloaded packages so that if i reinstall them i would have to redownload them (which, the team-xbmc ppa missing, should end up in them being downloaded from the henningpingel repo ?)

i am really not seeing through this Big Grin
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
m404 Wrote:i am really not seeing through this Big Grin

nevermind!

i have now added ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr , and now it pulls new packages instead.
appearently, the issue wasn't with how i setup the repos, but rather that it wasn't pulling packages from henningpingels repo, for whatever reason.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Dharma RC1 + pvr-testing2 + hts-tvheadend0