Can't playmedia - Dharma RC1 - Xbmc Live - Zotac Ion
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have been hunting for info on this for two days to no avail.

Set-up:
Zotac Ion Motherboard with integrated Atom Dual Core
Connected to 720p Samsung TV via VGA
2gb DDR2
Dharma RC1 - XBMC Live. Installed via USB stick to hard drive.
No modifications. Problem occurs when running included Nvidia or latest current Nvidia Drivers (290.)

Problem:
Cannot play ANY media either via SMB or uPNP shares. Playback of any movie results in "Working" for a long time followed by "Playback Failed - One or more items failed to play. Check the Log File for details". This happens regardless of filetype.

Log File:
http://pastebin.com/at76sLfk

Tried so far (all with no effect):
New install
Install latest current Nvidia drivers
Delete and Install Team Freak Xbmc Live version (Same issue)

Any ideas? - Thanks in advance for any help.Sad
I frequently have trouble when trying to use host names instead of the actual address. I also have some trouble when trying to browse an smb share unless I have added a source by "add network location" type in the actual address username & password.
FishOil Wrote:I frequently have trouble when trying to use host names instead of the actual address. I also have some trouble when trying to browse an smb share unless I have added a source by "add network location" type in the actual address username & password.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have tried this as well, to no avail.
Tell us about the share. Windows, Linux, Permissions, Username...etc
FishOil Wrote:Tell us about the share. Windows, Linux, Permissions, Username...etc

It a windows 7 64bit box. Permissions are set to everyone read/right. I also have set up a specific account for the xbmc box. No issues with accessing my media from my other devices.
I stand corrected Fishoil! Your first post made me do a little more digging and my windows box wasnt on a static ip address. I changed from a wired to wireless n LAN connection a couple of months back.

Sorted that and tried your suggestion again and it worked!

I've been at this for nearly three days. You sir, are a legend. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Much appreciated indeed!
Evil Derboy Wrote:You sir, are a legend. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Much appreciated indeed!

LOL........Glad you got it going.
I have the same problem, playing media from a time capsule.
Both samba from within XBMC, as with a seperate mount from Ubuntu itself won't work.
Any other suggestions?
maartenst Wrote:I have the same problem, playing media from a time capsule.
Both samba from within XBMC, as with a seperate mount from Ubuntu itself won't work.
Any other suggestions?

Please be a little more clear.
FishOil Wrote:Please be a little more clear.
I'm trying to play movies from the Time Capsule share using the SMB protocol, both SMB from within XBMC (using the zeroconf option) and using an SMB mount from within Linux.
Neither works, reporting that the video won't play.
Log here: http://pastebin.com/at76sLfk
I think it has to do with SMB not working too well with this ubuntu release maybe? Considering just buying an external 1tb disk to connect to my Apple TV instead..
Never mind. Just noticed the OP solved the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't playmedia - Dharma RC1 - Xbmc Live - Zotac Ion0