Scraping Question
I have been reading and can't find an answer to the following question; Is there a way in XBMC to not scrap and let the user manage all the nfo files, artwork, fan art, etc and when you add the share in XBMC to say movies XBMC doesn't have to scrape the internet sources to download the Movie data since all the data is already there? I have managed this myself with Ember but when I add the share to "Movies" in XBMC nothing shows up unless I tell XBMC to search/scrape itself.

Thanks
If you have XBMC search and scrape a folder with an nfo in it, it reads the nfo rather than searching the internet. Is that the question you are asking, or are you asking if there is some alternative program that directly controls the xbmc database, so XBMC never has to do anything to add videos to it?
Yes....I have the nfo file located in the directories/folders and would XBMC read that rather than scrape the internet. I do not see an option for local scraping or is that native to XBMC? In other words, does XBMC look in the directory/folder for realtive infomation first, such as a nfo file before it scrpaes the intenret looking for the information?

Thanks
Yup. It always reads the nfo first. In fact, stray nfo files are one of the biggest problems for new users who ask the question, "Why isn't XBMC scraping the internet?"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Question0