How to disable dxva for .mpg files
Dear all,

I have DXVA2 enabled. When I play DVD ISO's DXVA is not used, which is what I want since DXVA with XBMC doesn't support de-interlacing yet.

However if I split the DVD chapters into individual .mpg files, these are decoded using DXVA, and I see interlacing.

Can someone tell me how I can configure XBMC to:

1- not use DXVA for .mpg file extentions
or.
2- not use DXVA to decode mpeg2
or.
3- not use DXVA for SD content.

Thanks
Can someone please comment on this post :-)
Me too have a similar question
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86298
how to disable DXVA based on certain criteria.
In my case wmv3 input.
This isn't an area of the code I know well, however a quick look suggests that there is no way to selectively enable DXVA. It's either off or on for all formats. If anyone wants to write a patch I think the bit to modify is in CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::GetFormat function in xbmc\cores\dvdplayer\DVDCodecs\Video\DVDVideoCodecFFmpeg.cpp.

JR
Use the DSPlayer branch... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61355

You can disable DXVA for specific containers, like mpg, mkv, etc. You can also specify what codecs to use for different containers, vid, and audio.

Cheers
although I appreciate your feedback about the DSplayer, I'm not quite ready to switch branch for just this thing Smile
I WILL! Rolleyes

But how much difference would there be if I abandon Dharma, will plugins work? Just out of curiosity, how does Dharma work if it doesn't use DirectShow? I'm not very technical on this.
Although I'm not sure how comparable your situation is, I know that XBMC live once had an "issue" (what I understand is that this is a hardware limitation) in which VDPAU on ION systems would result in blocky green video on certain video resolutions (854x480, for example). It has been fixed in Dharma by virtue of automatically disabling VDPAU when playing back videos with the offending resolutions.

Again I'm not sure how VDPAU and DXNA compare, but my guess is that the fix was done inside xbmc itself, and so I figure what you're wanting to do is actually possible. Perhaps others will have more info on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable dxva for .mpg files0