[LIVE] - how do I open a terminal?
Hi there...

How do I open a terminal in xbmclive? I used to use an application called putty on my PC but i am at a friends house trying to help him set it up but he only has a copy of xubuntu...

How can I open a terminal window in xbmclive either on the system itself or from a xubuntu computer

Thanks in advance
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
CTRL+ALT+F2 then CTRL+ALT+F7 to get back
Press THANK USER if I Help
user: xbmc
Password: xbmc
no what i am askign is what application can i use on a xubuntu install to port into xbmc.. like on the PC I use PUTTY... but that app dose not apear to be in the linux ppa or w/e it is called.
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
terminal is the app which is pretty straight forward. Tghers also putty linux ports, google for how to.

google ssh via terminal or use a putty linux port.

In Linux I use terminal and windows putty.
yes, but ssh in terminal didn't want to do what I, its master, said when I had to use it.
Furthermore putty does exists in linux. Consult google or consider if it perhaps is case sensitive. I dont remember the details, but it installed without problem.
Code:
aptitude show putty
Package: putty
State: not installed
Version: 0.60+2009-11-22-1
Priority: optional
Section: universe/net
Maintainer: Colin Watson <[email protected]>
Uncompressed Size: 766k
Depends: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.29.3), libc6 (>= 2.7), libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0),
         libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.8.0), libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0), libx11-6, putty-tools
Description: Telnet/SSH client for X
This is the Unix port of the popular Windows ssh client, PuTTY. It supports flexible terminal setup, mid-session reconfiguration using Ctrl-rightclick,
multiple X11 authentication protocols, and various other interesting things not provided by ssh in an xterm.
And ssh via Terminal does everything the MASTER wants, unless master is making mistakes.
hehe. Yes, I guess it does but putty is a more willing servant.
lol, hows is an emulator which connects to xterm easier then the real thing direct?

dont answer that otherwise we gonna be here forever.
Well, I am no stranger to the command line. I think I got pist about how it behaved on disconnected or something like that. I dont remember. I only used it once and then linux/putty once.
EDIT: Actually, putty on win also pisses me off with its behavior on disconnect Smile
vikjon0 Wrote:yes, but ssh in terminal didn't want to do what I, its master, said when I had to use it.
Furthermore putty does exists in linux. Consult google or consider if it perhaps is case sensitive. I dont remember the details, but it installed without problem.

I think you are confused.
Quote:I think you are confused.
Don't worry about it. We made a few jokes. It may look like confusion.

In case we did not make our point clear:
1) You can run an ssh client in the terminal.
2) If you dont like that, putty does indeed exist in Ubuntu.

Nothing confusing about that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - how do I open a terminal?0