Full Screen Flags Not working either -fs or advancedsettings.xml
Hello,

I am running Dharma beta 4. I am trying to get XBMC to run in full screen regardless of what state it was in last time it exited. I have tried two things. I have tried adding -fs on the exe and also adding

<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>

to advancedsettings.xml in my xbmc\userdata folder. Anyone else having issues?
-fs is no longer supported.

If you want to edit guisettings.xml look for the section:

Code:
<videoscreen>
        <blankdisplays>false</blankdisplays>
        <fakefullscreen>false</fakefullscreen>
        <guicalibration></guicalibration>
        <resolution>0</resolution>
        <screen>0</screen>
        <screenmode>WINDOW</screenmode>
        <vsync>2</vsync>
    </videoscreen>

Set <screenmode> to DESKTOP to run in fullscreen or WINDOW to run windowed.

JR
I already have it set to that but its not working yet. Hum... any other suggestions?
Oh and this where I found that file: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata. Is that the correct file?
shaxs Wrote:Oh and this where I found that file: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata. Is that the correct file?

If you're running in portable mode (i.e. giving XBMC.exe the agruament "-p") the advancedsettings.xml should be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata". If you're using default mode it should be in %APPDATA%\xbmc\usedata.

JR
No I am running in normal mode but there is not guisettings.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata. Do I just create one and paste in your code?
Tried creating my own file and putting it in the directory but it did not work either.
shaxs Wrote:No I am running in normal mode but there is not guisettings.xml in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata. Do I just create one and paste in your code?

If you're running in normal mode the userdata folder is %APPDATA%\userdata.

APPDATA is an environment variable. To get at the folder press Windows-R and when the Run dialog opens type:

%appdata%\xbmc

and click OK. The APPDATA variable will be set to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming where "username" is your Windows username, so the full path to the userdata folder will be:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

The AppData folder is hidden so you won't see it in Explorer unless you enable showing hidden files.

Incidentally, all this is not XBMC's doing. It's standard Microsoft practice to put user dependant settings in the %APPDATA% folder.

JR
Ahh yes I know that directory well. Sorry about the confusion. I found the guisettings.xml file there and make the appropriate switch. Still not getting it to start in full screen
After you open XBMC in windowed mode is the [\] key for toggle FS working ?.
If so go to FS and after close XMBC. When you start it again it should start in FS.

You should delete first any entry's in the guisettings.xml & advancedsettings.xml about FS and resolution just to make sure nothing is conflicted from there.

Cheers
Nessus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Screen Flags Not working either -fs or advancedsettings.xml0