setting up separate movie categories & other ???
In WMC if you want to separate your videos you can make as many categories as you need. For example I had 'Movies' 'Kids Movies' 'Home Movies' etc.
This way when I want to look for a movie to watch for myself I don't have to look through a 100 of my kids Disney movies or 100's of home videos.

Can this be done in XBMC?

Another problem I had was with music videos. All of my files are meticulously named. In the case of music videos ... artist - song title
When it scraped MTV for this 90% of them came up with artists and songs I never heard of....

Right now I am using a gyration media center mouse remote. I would like to use my Logitech 900....need a receiver
I've seen countless threads saying to get a MS IR remote receiver... but the 900 is a RF remote...is there an RF receiver that I can get to plug in to the PC? I know it has the IR blasters but I am using them for other devices.

TIA for any help.
balrog Wrote:In WMC if you want to separate your videos you can make as many categories as you need. For example I had 'Movies' 'Kids Movies' 'Home Movies' etc.
This way when I want to look for a movie to watch for myself I don't have to look through a 100 of my kids Disney movies or 100's of home videos.

Can this be done in XBMC?

Not exactly but you can get the same effect. You can't actually add more movie "categories" per se but you can use smart playlists and skin options to get the same effect. Basically you'd need some obvious criteria to separate your "normal" movies from your kid's movies etc (maybe genre or even just a path for the source). Then you create smart playlists that capture those movies and only those movies. Finally you use skin settings to add custom menu items to pull up those lists.

The smart playlist part is pretty easy (check the wiki). The skin settings part depends entirely on the skin you're using. (Transparency! has the best support IMO but others have it as well). Also, do a search on the forum. It seems everyone here has asked basically this same question at one point or another (myself included). If you really can't figure it out, post your questions (like I said, everyone's been through this one so we can all generally help).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting up separate movie categories & other ???0