UPnP Media Server sorts music alphabetically?
I'd just like to add my voice to those asking for this to be fixed. Smile
While I use XBMC in every room possible, I need to stream audio in album format to mobile devices, and the ordering is a real problem.
I too experience the same issues as others. I was running Dharma 10.1 on a Windows 7 32 bit machine then upgraded Eden 11.0 beta hoping to see a difference but, nothing has changed. I wasn't going to post anything but I got a few new tablets that I run upnp clients on and would like to see this fixed.

This should be something simple and I don't understand what the issue is in getting it fixed.
Marbieskarb Wrote:I too experience the same issues as others. I was running Dharma 10.1 on a Windows 7 32 bit machine then upgraded Eden 11.0 beta hoping to see a difference but, nothing has changed. I wasn't going to post anything but I got a few new tablets that I run upnp clients on and would like to see this fixed.

This should be something simple and I don't understand what the issue is in getting it fixed.

I am also quite disappointed.
Can somebody maybe create a bug report for Eden beta, so that there is a chance, that it will be fixed in Eden RC1 at least?
The behaviour of the UPnP server right now is annoying and useless.
I suggest to rename the UPNP-Part in xbmc to something like "Simple Media Server", cause xbmc not complies with the UPNP-Standards ... ;-)
UPNP via XBMC is also for me unusable.

Greetz
Now, since Eden has been released last week, I am pretty disappointed that the UPnP service is still not fixed. Despite all the great work of the xbmc developers team, xbmc is really useless if you are looking for an UPnP server.
+1 for this bug to be fixed in the near future.
Eden is amazing and there's no other MC that's even close to what XBMC is capable of.

I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of traction regarding this issue... are there so few of us who stream from XBMC to other devices?
You don't need to be an audiophile to want the tracks in an album to play in the right order Smile

Hope Jhsrennie's fix is merged at some point...
@Logaan,
This topic of this thread has to do with sorting music tracks in UPnP. Your question appears to be video related.
Adding my humble +1.

Tested with latest stable (1.4) and slightly disappointed to see that this is still a problem after so many years...

I am streaming music to a Cambridge Audio Minx Xi, which uses an Android App (Cambridge Connect) as remote control, to browse the UPNP server and push music to the streaming player.

Music tracks in an album get sorted fine when streamed by foobar2000, but alphabetically when sorted by kodi. :-(

I appreciate that the upnp protocol might have intricacies and that some players might 'forget' asking to the server for a specific sort order, but to me the sensible default (sort by track number) does not seem so hard to agree upon...

I might open another issue, but I see that #12460 has already been closed as duplicate of #10974...
Yes, pretty amazing, that this bug is now open for 5 years! and none of the developers spend some effort on fixing this. It seems like, too little people use UPNP on xbmc/Kodi, otherwise there would be more noise....
I really appreciate all the work spend on Kodi. It's the best Media Center application by far...but it's just not usable to stream music via UPNP...
+1. The same problem with NP2900
Just adding my +1. Using Bubble UPnP (and/or Sound@Home) on Android to play upnp music from Kodi server to a Raspberry Pi 2 running Volumio. Tracks are sorted by name rather than track ID, with no option in Bubble UPNP to change this.

At risk of sounding like a prat, changing the order of an album to title alphabetical rather than track number kinda compromises the artistic intent behind the album. For example, continuous DJ mix albums make absolutely no sense if sorted by track name instead of track number.
I just came across this issue, when trying to use kodi as a upnp server to cast to chromecast audio via android bubbleupnp. My album tracks listed alphabetically which is far from ideal.
I found a solution:
If you use MYSQL for storing the library, modify idxSong7 of song table, to idAlbum, iTrack (I kept it UNIQUE and solved the duplicate errors, but it is not definitely necessary as I think).
The old index was: idAlbum, strMusicBrainzTrackID,36. The strMusicBrainzTrackID was in most cases NULL for me. I found an article about Music tagging in Kodi Wiki, I tried it out for one album, but as I saw, the MusicBrainzTrackIDs are in different order like tracks.

So: What to do now? Who will confirm, that I'm right, and how to modify Kodi if yes? THX!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP Media Server sorts music alphabetically?0