how to clean movie library in xbmc dharma rc1
i want to clear my movies library. i removed all source but the movies library still have movies. did update movie library and clean library but still theres movies in the library. how do i completely clean movie library?
easiest is simply deleting the .db file. you should have answered 'yes' when you removed those sources...
nevermind. removing MyVideos34.db did the trick.
spiff Wrote:easiest is simply deleting the .db file. you should have answered 'yes' when you removed those sources...

i did answer yes.
interesting. what kind of sources are these? smb? multipath?
spiff Wrote:interesting. what kind of sources are these? smb? multipath?

i have folders containing subfolders containing movies. movie folders are appropriately name (eg Inception (2010)). i remove folder source, update movie db, clean movie db etc. since the movie library does not clean itself, i also try removing all movie folders. then update db, clean db etc. still doesnt work.

hope this helps if this indeed is a bug.
i asked for the type of the source. that kinda implied that the *type* was important info, not the layout of the source Smile
could you give an example what type is? since you said multipath, i thought you mean folder/file path. also, i dont understand what smb is. if you want to know what kind of container/codec i use, i use mkv and h264. most of the file is fulll hd (1080p). single file per folder. single movie per folder.

thanks.
i'm gonna take a wild guess then; it's local folders on a windows machine?
its a folder on my pc. actually, on external hd connected through usb.
I have this same problem, I tried removing my movies source since about half of my movies were duplicated (related to a symlink for some reason)

It's a multipath SMB share to a windows computer, I changed paths, I changed content, excluded the path from library updates and ultimately deleted the source, always answering YES to removing content and they still show up.
Of course, the computer they are on is still on the network, so the actual files are still accesible.

I tried deleting my .db but upon rescan none of my TV shows were getting detailed info so I reverted to the backup .db.

Any ideas?

edit: nevermind, poorlu constructed tvshow.nfo's to blame (damn you EMM!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to clean movie library in xbmc dharma rc10