SVN 35547: Weather says "No internet connection", slow lookups on network - ipv6?
amak79 Wrote:I also keep getting the "Internet connection required" message when checking the weather. Interestingly the current weather icon is shown at the top of the screen next to the date/time. All other network functions (add-ons, scrapers, shares) appear to work as well.

I am having the same issue as well as of 2 days ago. Everything was working fine, but now the weather widget has stopped displaying weather icons, and when I click to get the days weather I get the message "Internet connection required". Like amak79, all my other network/Internet functions are working fine.

I'm on the Dharma 10.1 release running Aeon Nox skin.
After doing some research, I've discovered that my router (a 3 year old Belkin54g) probably doesn't have IPv6 support. So, as an experiment, I connected my XBMC box directly to my cable modem and low and behold, no connection issues!!!!

It looks like even with IPv6 support disabled, there is still some connection issue that XBMC can't overcome when connected to an out of date router.

Side note: I also noticed a speed increase for browsing and other Internet activities once the router was out of the loop.

I've looked around on the Belkin support site for firmware upgrades. Sadly, there are none to be had. Looks like I'm in the market for a new router!!! Hope this helps!!!!
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
Ok, I've gotten a new router and it has helped immensely toward the connectivity issues I've been having. Everything is now working smoothly EXCEPT weather. Here is a quote from this article on 11/18/2011 on XBMCMediaCenter.com describing the problem.

Quote:As some of you may know, recent API changes made by the online weather provider in use by XBMC Media Center rendered the weather feature under XBMC useless. This isn’t a problem for the upcoming XBMC Eden 11.0 but, it is a huge problem for the almost one year old XBMC Dharma.

Oh well. Guess I'll wait until the official Eden release. At least I fixed my IPv6 problem. Hope this helps some of you Dharma users out there! Cool
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
dgrayfromdc,

My issue started long before the API changes by weather.com. However I'm having no problems with the new weather provider.
If anyone is still having conneciton issues even with the new weather provider, you might want to check your DNS settings. This was the root cause of my connection issues. I've posted the full details of my solution in another thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN 35547: Weather says "No internet connection", slow lookups on network - ipv6?0