Script that changes hostname on startup?
Hi.
I'm using XBMC live Dharma RC1. Is there a script running on every startup that sets the hostname to XBMCLIVE?
I'm having trouble changing the hostname permanently, it always switches back to XBMCLIVE after reboot. I've changed both hosts and hostname file, but a line gets added to hosts with 127.0.1.1 XBMCLIVE. Please help!
Thanks...

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS - XBMCLive
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
Can someone who knows about the Live CD (like the ones that made it) tell me what script changes the hostname to XBMCLive on startup? Thanks!

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
Edit:

wrong place....you should just need to edit those two files, and save them out.

You might need to add a "netbios name = your_hostname" is the /etc/samba/smb.conf, but that should be it.

Just make sure that the files are being changed permanently on the XBMCLive host; I believe that they get mounted in a ro mode, so you might have to go in and do something special to make the changes stick.

I had this problem also; no changes would stay because the OS is loaded in a special mode that doesn't persist writes. I think that I had to change some options in fstab or grub to get it to load readable.
Right now I can edit the files just fine, they stay as they should. Only problem is that everytime I reboot a line is added to hosts:
Code:
127.0.1.1 XBMCLIVE
And the hostname is set to XBMCLIVE.
So there is a script or something that adds this line to the file, and changes the hostname. And I really want to know what does that... Oo

on XBMC 10.1 Dharma
from FreeNAS 8.0-Release
Are you running off of the LIVE CD, or is it installed?

I have LIVE 'installed' on the local hard drive, and I have changed my hostname by editing the hosts and hostname file and they persist after reboot....
check /etc/xbmc/live.d/

I know the Freaks distro overwrites stuff every reboot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script that changes hostname on startup?0