New win 7 install as well as XBMC
Heya everyone, I've just installed win 7 on my aspire revo r3610, 4gb memory and 500gb disk. I'm viewing it on my sony bravia xbr3.

I haven't installed anything except XBMC. I've changed some settings in XBMC like audio output to digital and audio output device to hdmi. That's about all I've changed.

My video output is 1920X1080 @ 59.94 - Full Screen. I can't change this one, it's either that or windowed.

I'm playing a short 64mb sample of a 1080p movie and the video is choppy and out of sync with the audio.

Before having it installed on win7 I had a XBMC live install and the video played perfect but I had too many problems with share and network (I'm a linux newbie) so I decided to go for a win 7 install instead for easier use. I remember I changed a setting in xbmc to VDPAU but I can't see it now. Would this be the reason for the choppy video?

Would I need to install some specific codec pack (cccp comes to mind) for my playback to run smooth?

Thanks for the help!
Hi,

Make sure you have installed the latest nvidia driver and you have enabled dxva2 in system/video/playback.

cheers

EDIT.. also make sure you have downloaded the latest dharma rc1
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
I've installed the latest 15.51 nvidia driver but I wasn't running dharma rc1 so maybe that's why I didn't see the dxva2 in system/video/playback.

I'm upgrading now, will edit post when it's done.

Thanks for your help!

*edit

Alright so far so good, the sample is working good, will try a full movie later.

Also, would you suggest I change any other setting that wasn't present in xbmc 9.11 like render method, adjust display refresh rate and all that?

Thanks again!

*edit 2

Holy crap I can watch fully ripped bluray over network without a hitch!! That is more than I thought I could do... I'm seriously loving this program.
With the except of DXVA2, most of the defaults are defaulted for fairly good reasons. Unless you have very particular complaints or needs, there's really no reason to adjust most of them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New win 7 install as well as XBMC0