• 5(current)
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept)
A TV Season View I've been playing with:

(Yes I know Unicorn only has one season and two episodes.)

Episode View Idea!
the episode view is looking really good, but i don't like those views where you have to change the direction to get to the next episode (or the next item in the list) and than if you aren't in kiosk mode you are heading into the options... just a personal preference Nerd

cheers
vanMiez Wrote:the episode view is looking really good, but i don't like those views where you have to change the direction to get to the next episode (or the next item in the list) and than if you aren't in kiosk mode you are heading into the options... just a personal preference Nerd

cheers

I agree with you. I think that the behavior on that screen should be down takes you through the first list and then to the top of the second list. That way you aren't scrolling left-right.

Is this what you meant?
blacklist Wrote:A TV Season View I've been playing with:

(Yes I know Unicorn only has one season and two episodes.)

sorry to interrupt, but where have you get the second episode, i've only found the first !!
ppic Wrote:sorry to interrupt, but where have you get the second episode, i've only found the first !!

Check NZBMatrix Smile
yeah if that would be possible... but it isn't at the moment. the same mad thing is about two-rowed views for music or movies. but there isn't a way to get the focus jump right to the next item instead of leaving the list or staying there at the bottom of a row...

and in your case it would be perhaps better for the overall flow to arrange the items left to right from bottom to top, because most of your views are horizontal and that would keep the flow in the whole skin.... right is the next item
vanMiez Wrote:and in your case it would be perhaps better for the overall flow to arrange the items left to right from bottom to top, because most of your views are horizontal and that would keep the flow in the whole skin.... right is the next item

I'd say he did it that way on purpose because the episodes are shown on the pages of a book and (at least) the books I read go on the left page from top to bottom and then on the right page from top to bottom and not from the top of the left page to the top of the right page and then back to the left page Wink

But I agree with what you said that it would be more consistent.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:I'd say he did it that way on purpose because the episodes are shown on the pages of a book and (at least) the books I read go on the left page from top to bottom and then on the right page from top to bottom and not from the top of the left page to the top of the right page and then back to the left page Wink

But I agree with what you said that it would be more consistent.

Well at the end of the day, I like the layout graphically. And it will be one of several views - so hopefully everyone can find one they like.

I'm just not sure how that flows in a season with say... 24 episodes. Ideally I'd like to see the items move 3 at a time holding vertically. Similar to turning pages, but I wouldn't get so cheesy as to try and animate it that way.
blacklist Wrote:Image

Episode View Idea!

Nice screens, although the screenshot seems to have a font which is too small. Smile
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Nice screens, although the screenshot seems to have a font which is too small. Smile

Too small? Nah! Besides, when you hit the episode if you've got XBMC set up as intended, you're going to a larger episode detail anyway. If you REALLY wanted to know what Brak was up to this week Tongue Wink
blacklist Wrote:Well at the end of the day, I like the layout graphically. And it will be one of several views - so hopefully everyone can find one they like.

I'm just not sure how that flows in a season with say... 24 episodes. Ideally I'd like to see the items move 3 at a time holding vertically. Similar to turning pages, but I wouldn't get so cheesy as to try and animate it that way.

No get cheesy. I thought that was what was happening (Its not cheesy any how)
I have to agree with garyi, I think if page turns were available then it would look pretty good.

I think obviously with movie section though then it would probaly be too much as you would be flipping all day and night.

Having the page flip over for an actor, or episodes might be quite nice.

I'm leaning to the this skin might be nice for younger people, rather than as a mainstream skin for adults.

I think seeing loads of Disney movies and cartoon series would suit the skin down to the ground.

Still you can't tell too much about a skin until it's actually working.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
blacklist Wrote:... If you REALLY wanted to know what Brak was up to this week Tongue Wink
You got me.. Laugh
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Ok, let me put it this way... the animation engine for skins is fairly basic, and I'm not sure we could produce a reaslistic enough page turn. When I say its cheesy, I'm refering to the animation that I image would have to be used to make it look right (ie. look at the iBooks app or Kindle Reader - they do an excellent job of rendering a page turn animation)

That being said, I would be very happy to be proven wrong by someone Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept)12