Which nVidia driver is recommended for ION systems?
I installed XBMC Dharma RC1 yesterday on my Asrock ION 330HT and I noticed it is still shipping with old nVidia drivers. When I looked at the nVidia website I noticed that v260.19.21 is the latest version and this seems a big gap.

I used the following command to upgrade to the latest nVidia drivers and it seems to work fine:
Code:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade

Is there a reason to keep the v190.x.y drivers, instead of the newer ones? I did notice that I cannot select any VDPAU deinterlacing options and I think I saw these when I ran a previous XBMC Dharma RC3 release.
I'm running nvidia-current from x-swat with no problems on both my Revo 1600 machines. I just has to rebuild my xorg.config.

I removed the old drivers prior to installing the newer ones, so you shouldn't have any problems with removing the 190.x files.
please remember that
Quote:sudo apt-get upgrade
upgrades ALL packages which very well may break your live install

for a driver upgrade, use
Quote:sudo apt-get upgrade nvidia-current
while for a XBMC upgrade use
Quote:sudo apt-get upgrade xbmc
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
So far... Nothing is broken, but thanks for the update. I will update only XBMC when the final version becomes available...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which nVidia driver is recommended for ION systems?0