Collection tag
Hi

What TAG does XBMC reads to determin the album or mp3 is a collection?
See the wiki - it has the full details there, likely in the Music Library or Preparing your music sections.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanx for your awnser

What i cant find in wiki is what determins if or not the album/track shows up in "Compilations". the rest i think i got...:-)
Compilations are anything that has Various Artists as the album artist.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanx for your awner,,,:-)
XBMC wont list/sort the album under "compilations" when album artist is set as Various Artists, iv tryed several times, but album dont show up there, there are a few listed there, but i cant seem to get new ones in?
There is a Tag in mp3 files called "Compilations". simply select it / tick it. Im supprised [b]jmarshall [/b]didn't state this.

If you cant find that tag with you current mp3 tagging software, try another app. I personally use "Tagtuner 2.0".
there seems also to be differance in lang. im using Norwegian for XBMC and there its called "Diverse Artister", when i switch back to english. all "Various Artists" in Album artists shows up in compalations, this shouldnt be dependet on lang... in my humble oppinion...
Don't want to hijack the thread, but, regarding compilations, there is any way to prevent a song present in a compilation to be shown ALSO in artist tree (i want to limit compilations songs ONLY in compilations node)? I know it's the right behavior, but it's frustrating to see 10 disc in /Artist/Albums/ when i have only one album of that artist. Thanks!
Stelth Wrote:there seems also to be differance in lang. im using Norwegian for XBMC and there its called "Diverse Artister", when i switch back to english. all "Various Artists" in Album artists shows up in compalations, this shouldnt be dependet on lang... in my humble oppinion...

your right it should not be language dependent. seems like it was a quick work-around to get compilation albums to show together, but as i stated there is a specific tag in the mp3 file specifically for compilation albums. try activating that.
sergiocos Wrote:Don't want to hijack the thread, but, regarding compilations, there is any way to prevent a song present in a compilation to be shown ALSO in artist tree (i want to limit compilations songs ONLY in compilations node)? I know it's the right behavior, but it's frustrating to see 10 disc in /Artist/Albums/ when i have only one album of that artist. Thanks!

Iv also noticed this but not been too bothered by it. try putting a feature suggestion in and see what happens.
hehe, in all my testing around the subject, it seems Episode numbering disappeard in tv-shows, any quick tip to get it back... :-)
Stelth Wrote:hehe, in all my testing around the subject, it seems Episode numbering disappeard in tv-shows, any quick tip to get it back... :-)

what do you mean exactly? are the episode's listed by title instead of episode number?

try changing the "sort" option to "episode" instead of "name"
thank you so much, my head spinns soon around myself here, so many options to get used to and the important on, remember where they are...hehehe

Thanx
If the tag meant anything to XBMC once things are in the library I would have mentioned it. Look in the database - there is no "this is a compilation" flag at all. The only thing the tag is used for is to set the albumartist field to "Various Artists" if (and only if) the albumartist field isn't already set.

The problem as the OP has pointed out is the use of localized strings for storing this stuff - it's been on the "this needs fixing" for quite some time. A patch would be welcome - I'm more than happy to supply pointers.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Collection tag0