Modularised skin loading?
i'm somewhat in a hurry so i'll just post my irc chatter:

[21:03] <phunqe> does anybody know if the skin loading mechanism in xbmc is modularised with a somewhat well defined api to the core components? or is it just implemented on a need-it-here basis...
[21:03] <phunqe> reason i ask is
[21:03] <phunqe> that i'm tired of all the skin problems regarding hdtv versions and other alignment issues.. also, many nice skins are coming to non hdtv and many people are lacking hdtv equipment.
[21:03] <phunqe> i was wondering how much work would be required (ballpark figure) if i or somebody else decides to rewrite the skin loading.
[21:04] <phunqe> to support weighted and relative references to objects etc instead
[21:05] <phunqe> instead of absolute positions.

thanks.

cheers,
phunqe
everything is relative compared to the resolution directory that is being used. if the users resolution is not one of the ones for which the skin has been designed, then things are scaled so that they'll fit. this requires skinners to define the <width> and <height> tags in particular for their button and image controls. unfortunately, some skins are incomplete in this manner.

otherwise, everything is already there.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

oh, i didn't know that. i just assumed things were absolute, since more or less every pal/ntsc only skin i've tried breaks completely when running in hdtv resolutions.

i'll fiddle around a bit with the properties you mentioned.

thanks for the response.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modularised skin loading?0