Jetway ION Nettop choppy 1080 playback
I'm running Dharma RC1 and I'm getting choppy video on a jetway HBJC600C99-52W-BW nettop. The unit has 1gb or total ram. Do I need to add another gb?
Have you enabled hardware acceleration? 1gb should be sufficient.
How do you do that on Dharma RC1?
Settings > Video > Playback
Great. TY. I'll try tonight. I take it that it's the same across the versions(Win, Mac, *nix)?
There isn't an option to do it. I see Render method, video post processing, sync playback....
Ok...I think I found the issue.

I'm running XP.

Any way to get hardware acceleration in XP?
Is your OS WinXP? DXVA2 only works in Vista and Win7. If using XP, you're going to have to use DSLayer, which means you'll probably want to wait until after Dharma goes gold to try anything.

Edit: Hah. Good timing.
That's ok. The box actually has windows 7 on it. I was using XP because I have more experience paring back the stuff that's in it. I'll need to bone up on how to strip out the unnecessary stuff out of 7 to make it boot quicker.
If its a dedicated XBMC appliance, why not give openelec.tv a try - will only take 15mins to setup and boots into xbmc in about 15 seconds...
Because the remote that comes with this unit isn't a standard remote and It's a nightmare to reconfig the remote to work right. I may as well just install XBMC from the live cd.
Ok....looks like it's working under windows 7. The video's still a slight bit choppy but that might be the network.

More RAM worthwhile? It's running 1gb now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jetway ION Nettop choppy 1080 playback0