[Linux] SABnzbd+ Install, Setup, and Configuration Guide for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Introduction

This is my long time coming, (updated) Install, Setup, and Configuration guide for SABnzbd+ on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx). This guide should also be easily adaptable for Ubuntu derived distributions (distros) like Linux Mint 9 (Isadora), Linux Mint 10 (Julia) and somewhat close for Debian and Debian based distros like Debian Squeeze, aptosid, and Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE).

This guide will be actively maintained and updated throughout the life of the Ubuntu 10.04 Long Term Support (Lucid Lynx) release (about two years). This is my supported and recommended operating system so I will not be doing specific guides for Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat), 11.04 (Natty Narwhal), or for any subsequent releases until Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (though this guide will likely be easily adaptable for the interim releases).

Since my last guide it's become a lot easier to get SABnzbd+ up and running on an Ubuntu based system. To reflect that I've expanded this guide to include installing a multi-threaded par2 file checker, added a supplemental software list, and I have worked to polish up the guide even further (like adding select screen shots!).

For those that are not familiar, SABnzbd+ which, I read as "SAB-newzbin" (though "SAB-nzb-daemon plus" is probably much closer to correct!), is a Usenet client. It is highly automated, robust, and once set up can run and run with minimal user intervention.

SABnzbd+ is a mature, stable, and feature complete free and open source project which is quickly approaching its sixth major release

Like my last SABnzbd+ guide, as well as my Sick Beard, and RAID 5 & 6 guides, this guide avoids the command line and is written in casual English in an effort to be accessible by as many as possible. I do not think Ubuntu is a nerds only operating system, and I write guides that even novices should be able to understand (see my About page for more information).

The rest of the guide (fully formatted) can be found at Ainer.org.

I have updated this guide for SABnzbd+ 0.5.6. There have been additional edits and a few additions.

Enjoy!
daemox
Can u make a guide for Windows 7
derbycity Wrote:Can u make a guide for Windows 7

I could yes, as I am a Windows tech (and get paid to be one). Will I? Perhaps, but only if you're willing to pay me (reasonably) for my time to write it (I have no interest in publishing or maintaining anything for Windows or OS X so your payment alone would have to make it worthwhile).

From scratch my guides take about four to eight hours to write. Not including research and all the time I have into the subject matter by the time I actually sit down and write it (and I only write guides on topics I have a lot of experience with).

But, Windows is "super easy" no? Why do you even need a guide? Wink

All joking aside, if you're serious PM me with a reasonable bid otherwise I suggest Ubuntu. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] SABnzbd+ Install, Setup, and Configuration Guide for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS0