XBMC Playback issues
I am having an issue with Camelot on my 2010 Mac Mini running 10.6.4.

I had my TV library scanned and they all appear fine in the browser, however when I switch to library mode all the .mkv containers disappear. So I switch back to normal and they are all viewable however some of them stall or sometimes even crash halfway through playback? I've done a little bit of research and it appears that others are having issues with 10.6.4, has anyone found a solution to the issue I am having specifically?

Also, is there a way to put sequels within a single folder in library mode? For example my current movie library displays like this:

- Iron Man
- Iron Man 2

I'd like it to display like this:

- Iron Man
-- Iron Man
-- Iron Man 2

Where the two movies in the series are hidden, taking 1 space instead of 2 on my list. Iron Man is just an example but if I can cut all these extra spaces it would make it easier to browse through my library especially when I only see 'Harry Potter' instead of 'Harry Potter 1' 'Harry Potter 2' etc...

Is there a way to accomplish this? Obviously this is possible in normal mode as it holds my directory structure but library mode just takes all my movies and displays them losing the directory structure. I'm still new to the XBMC scene so don't burn me for dumb questions Blush
I don't know about your playback issues, but I do know that you can do the Library based grouping using "sets" in NFO files. See the wiki on import/export and movie sets:

Import Export: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library
Movie Sets: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

See if that helps.
MacBook Pro 13", XBMC v12.1
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
I don't know if it works pre-dharma, but you export your library to nfo's (the single files option) then you edit the NFO's and add the

<set>Iron Man Movie Collection</set>

tag to the NFO files for each movie (or whatever you want to call your movies). Then you remove both iron man's from your library and then scan for changes and you iron man's will be re-added as a set that expands to the two movies when you click it.

If some of the movies have non alphabetical titles (for example Hellraiser I is 'Hellraiser' and Hellraiser II is 'Hellbound: Hellraiser II') then you can add the following to each movie NFO:

for Hellraiser:
<set>The Hellraiser Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Hellraiser 1</sorttitle>

for Hellbound: Hellraiser II
<set>The Hellraiser Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Hellraiser 2</sorttitle>

Then they would always display in the correct order regardless of the film title's spelling. Magic!

Full details at the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

(should gave just given the link, rather than writing the above!)

Jim
Lol! Took me so long to write that someone beat me to it (with a better, more concise answer I might add!)
Any ideas on issues with non-library mode displaying only avi and not mkv?
Jimmer Wrote:Lol! Took me so long to write that someone beat me to it (with a better, more concise answer I might add!)

Maybe so, but I did leave out one crucial piece of information that you included, and that I'm not sure it works on pre-Dharma. So thanks! lol
MacBook Pro 13", XBMC v12.1
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Playback issues0