Android app problem
Hello,

Ive been trying to get the android app working with xbmc.

Im running the newest release. I'm trying to connect using 3g. Do i need 3g on the PC? I dont have wireless so cant use it.

I have tried the tutorials on the net i have found but no luck, just keeps saying check that xbmc webserver is enabled?

thanks
which dynamic dns service are you using? or do you plan on inputting the changed ip address frequently?
My ip never changes, its my routers ip.

bump,

Do i need wifi on my pc for this to work?

would a usb wifi work ?
wifi on your pc would probably be the best option for you.

Not to be mean, but it's apparent that it's a little over your head as far as getting your PC and everything to be externally visible and addressable so that you can make it work over 3G, so wifi on the PC is probably the best.

With Wifi, it should just be cake.

Edit: USB Wifi would be fine.

Further edits:

If your phone has wifi, and you're all on the same internal network, if should work as long as wifi is enabled. You won't need a wifi dongle on the PC if it's on the same internal network to your house. If your phone doesn't have wifi, then it's probably a bridge too far for you to get it working. You'd have the have a dynamic dns service, a way to keep that updated, set up port forwarding on your router, etc, etc which seems a bit above your head technically.
kaiser423 Wrote:wifi on your pc would probably be the best option for you.

Not to be mean, but it's apparent that it's a little over your head as far as getting your PC and everything to be externally visible and addressable so that you can make it work over 3G, so wifi on the PC is probably the best.

With Wifi, it should just be cake.

Edit: USB Wifi would be fine.

Further edits:

If your phone has wifi, and you're all on the same internal network, if should work as long as wifi is enabled. You won't need a wifi dongle on the PC if it's on the same internal network to your house. If your phone doesn't have wifi, then it's probably a bridge too far for you to get it working. You'd have the have a dynamic dns service, a way to keep that updated, set up port forwarding on your router, etc, etc which seems a bit above your head technically.

nothing is above anyones head with the right guidance.

Anway, i have a wireless router and the computer is connected to it using a cable. I will buy a wireless dongle if needed but thought it might work by going through the wireless in the house??

The phone is wireless Nod
got it working now Big Grin Big Grin i downloaded the some file i needed Smile webserver or something

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android app problem0