Dharma RC1 - Keeps asking for password?
Hi, has anyone seen this with RC1 on Windows (XP SP3)

I am using 3 different user profiles.

1) Every once and awhile after logging in to profile, I get asked for my password again. Is there some sort of new timeout?

I have also been getting the "Freeze on exit" issue

Thanks!
How many fricken threads you have on this topic? One should suffice.
The answer is in this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85626
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Thanks htpc guy for pointing me in the right direction!

And FishOil, thank you for your helpful response as well.
I guess I am still a bit confused.... Apparently this problem has been around for awhile and is related to Windows Live Essentials 2011 ... which I've never used or installed. Nor have I ever had problems accessing SMB shares in the past using XBMC 9.x (when apparently the Samba issue was present). But all of a sudden, after installing Dharma RC1 I now see this issue?
Further investigation:
1) When I initially start XBMC RC1, all works fine. It appears that when I let the interface sit idle for about 5 minutes, then I try to access movies from the menu I get the "profile password" popup overlay.

Didn't prior versions "fade" the interface to something darker if interface sat idle (most likely to minimize any kind of screen burn)? RC1 doesn't seem to do that.

I have installed RC2 to see if that corrects the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma RC1 - Keeps asking for password?0