• 13(current)
[MOD] Night.Purity
TheStretchedElf Wrote:Please, if you would. Audiobooks and Radio Shows are the only "music" type files I have in XBMC so there'd be no cover ratio conflicts here.

Would it not be better to just have them on the normal top menu. This way there is no need to code anything.

Follow the steps for my Audiobooks views (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ1Y9MoTBrM&hd=1 )

But replace anything that would have the name or tag "AudioBook" with "Radio Show" (or Radio Shows).

Then to just re tag all your mp3/mp4/what ever audio files you have that are radio shows with a 'genre' or "Radio Show".

This way you don't need an Audio menu item and you can just turn it off in the skin settings.

You will end up with a menu like this

---Movies---TV Shows---Audiobooks---Radio Shows---Weather---Shutdown---

I Hope that makes sense

@ KiSUAN Thanks for taking a look
Oddsodz Wrote:Would it not be better to just have them on the normal top menu. This way there is no need to code anything.

Follow the steps for my Audiobooks views (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ1Y9MoTBrM&hd=1 )

But replace anything that would have the name or tag "AudioBook" with "Radio Show" (or Radio Shows).

Then to just re tag all your mp3/mp4/what ever audio files you have that are radio shows with a 'genre' or "Radio Show".

This way you don't need an Audio menu item and you can just turn it off in the skin settings.

You will end up with a menu like this

---Movies---TV Shows---Audiobooks---Radio Shows---Weather---Shutdown---

I Hope that makes sense

@ KiSUAN Thanks for taking a look
Thanks for the reply, but that's how I already have it. And since my other libraries, Movies and TV, use submenus I'd like to have my audio the same way if possible so that my home menu just has Audio, Movies, TV.

Also, at present I can't open the album information page ("i") within playlists launched from the home menu.
TheStretchedElf Wrote:Also, at present I can't open the album information page ("i") within playlists launched from the home menu.

That is true. You can't use the album information page.

But why would you wish to use ("i")? All info about an audio book is already shown. That is if you have set it up right. The only bit of info you don't see is what format it is in. I Am sure there is more fileds or ID3 tags to read info from. But we don't have a defineing standerd as of yet. And until the XBMC dev team build in full Audiobook support. We have to make do with fudging the "Album.nfo" a bit.
Oddsodz Wrote:But why would you wish to use ("i")?
To have access to the maintenance buttons like refresh and thumb.
I am not sue. But you can do the same using "C"
Oddsodz Wrote:I am not sue. But you can do the same using "C"
No, you can't.
oh well.. I did say I was not sure. But on a side note. You can still do that by going to the normal "Music/Audio" library. Oh wait, That's what you are trying to get rid off. This will take some thinking about.
Oddsodz Wrote:oh well.. I did say I was not sure. But on a side note. You can still do that by going to the normal "Music/Audio" library. Oh wait, That's what you are trying to get rid off. This will take some thinking about.
Isn't it possible to add the view at the music library level?
Hell if I know, I just abuse here. Best wait for the head man to have a poke around
@Kiusan : TvTunes script call has changed to tvtunes and this is giving an error and hence the tvtunes script is not working since last few days . according to ppic skins' authors need to update the script call .. see here " http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925&page=48 " post # 471
Thanks
Or else just change script.TvTunes to script.tvtunes in the includes.xml and DialogVideoInfo.xml . That's what I did and now its back working.
shaktoo Wrote:@Kiusan : TvTunes script call has changed to tvtunes and this is giving an error and hence the tvtunes script is not working since last few days . according to ppic skins' authors need to update the script call .. see here " http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925&page=48 " post # 471
Thanks

I had it installed through Passion and it's still 0.8.0 there, so didn't noticed this, downloaded through XBMC official and you are right, with 0.8.1 doesn't work. Updated code, now it works with 0.8.1, in some minutes or hours I'll update the Git. Thanks for the heads up.

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Please, if you would. Audiobooks and Radio Shows are the only "music" type files I have in XBMC so there'd be no cover ratio conflicts here.

Sorry for the delay again, crazy weeks, planning a 5 months vacations to Europe take time Big Grin and working 11 hours doesn't help.

First, go to MyMusicNav.xml and add/modify this:

line 3 down

Code:
<window id="502">
    <defaultcontrol>50</defaultcontrol>
    <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
@    <views>58,621,622,623,54,51,52,50</views>
    <controls>

line 65 down

Code:
    <control type="group">
        <include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
            <include>Viewtype_Files</include><!-- 50 -->
            <include>Viewtype_Shelf</include><!-- 51 -->
            <include>Viewtype_Songs</include><!-- 52 -->
            <include>Viewtype_JukeBox</include><!-- 54 -->
            <include>Viewtype_MusicShowcase</include><!-- 58 -->
            <include>Viewtype_3daddon</include><!-- 621 -->
+            <include>Viewtype_AudioBook</include><!-- 622 -->
+            <include>Viewtype_AudioBook_Tracks</include><!-- 623 -->
    </control>

line 139 down

Code:
            <control type="togglebutton" id="29">
                <description>Toggle MoviesFanart</description>
                <include>WindowMenuButton</include>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[31086]</label>
                <altlabel>$LOCALIZE[31214]</altlabel>
                <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(music_files_fanart)</onclick>
                <selected>Skin.HasSetting(music_files_fanart)</selected>
                <visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
            </control>
+            <control type="togglebutton" id="30">
+                <description>Toggle MoviesFanart</description>
+                <include>WindowMenuButton</include>
+                <label>BookPlus</label>
+                <altlabel>$LOCALIZE[21375]</altlabel>
+                <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(BookPlus)</onclick>
+                <selected>Skin.HasSetting(BookPlus)</selected>
+                <visible>Control.IsVisible(622)</visible>
+            </control>

line 175 down

Code:
            <control type="label">
                <include>WindowMenuLabel</include>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[14018]</label>
@                <visible>Control.IsVisible(50) | Control.IsVisible(621) | Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(622)</visible>        
            </control>

Then go to Viewtype_AudioBook.xml and add/modify this:

line 35 down

Code:
            <animation effect="rotatey" center="50" start="12" end="10" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
@            <visible>Window.IsActive(musiclibrary)</visible>
            <itemlayout width="176" height="245">

Then go to Viewtype_AudioBook_Tracks.xml and add/modify this:

line 30 down

Code:
            <include>Animation_Viewtype_Panel_FocusArea</include>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-40,0" time="400" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Control.HasFocus(92)">Conditional</animation>
            <itemlayout width="1210" height="36">

Keep in mind I didn't test this and I'm doing it on the fly, I'm pretty sure it's all right but don't guarantee it. Also remember, every time you update this changes will be "deleted" so you need to backup this modified files or code again.

Enjoy

@ Oddsodz

Didn't forget about you problem, I'm gonna check it now.
Oddsodz Wrote:Hey hoo all.

Well today I remembered I was going to post about a small niggle I was having. When in video addons, I have noticed that I can only sort by "Name" in file mode. Could you unlock that so it can be sorted by date also. I Know it can be done. I Am just unsure of which skins do it. Rapier I am 99% sure does. It's needed for my "BBC iPlayer" addon (well I say "my" but I just love that addon).

Thanks for reading.

Oddsodz
I was almost sure this was not a skin problem because I already researched ones for advance Launcher and the problem is that there is no sort by date for addons through XBMC code, so the only way you can have sort by date is if the addon is coded to sort in different ways.

Just in case I tried Rapier as you said 99% and it's always a possibility that I'm wrong or that there's a hack or something, but I wasn't able to sort by anything, the option is blocked.

The code in Night to change order is there, because I checked, plus for example if you go to apple movie trailer addon you can see you can change the order anyway you want.

So I'm sorry, but the "problem" is with the addon not the skin, you have to ask the dev to include the option/future.
KiSUAN Wrote:I was almost sure this was not a skin problem because I already researched ones for advance Launcher and the problem is that there is no sort by date for addons through XBMC code, so the only way you can have sort by date is if the addon is coded to sort in different ways.

Just in case I tried Rapier as you said 99% and it's always a possibility that I'm wrong or that there's a hack or something, but I wasn't able to sort by anything, the option is blocked.

The code in Night to change order is there, because I checked, plus for example if you go to apple movie trailer addon you can see you can change the order anyway you want.

So I'm sorry, but the "problem" is with the addon not the skin, you have to ask the dev to include the option/future.

Ok, Cool Beans. Thanks for looking
KiSUAN Wrote:I had it installed through Passion and it's still 0.8.0 there, so didn't noticed this, downloaded through XBMC official and you are right, with 0.8.1 doesn't work. Updated code, now it works with 0.8.1, in some minutes or hours I'll update the Git. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry for the delay again, crazy weeks, planning a 5 months vacations to Europe take time Big Grin and working 11 hours doesn't help.

First, go to MyMusicNav.xml and add/modify this:

line 3 down

Code:
<window id="502">
    <defaultcontrol>50</defaultcontrol>
    <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
@    <views>58,621,622,623,54,51,52,50</views>
    <controls>

line 65 down

Code:
    <control type="group">
        <include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
            <include>Viewtype_Files</include><!-- 50 -->
            <include>Viewtype_Shelf</include><!-- 51 -->
            <include>Viewtype_Songs</include><!-- 52 -->
            <include>Viewtype_JukeBox</include><!-- 54 -->
            <include>Viewtype_MusicShowcase</include><!-- 58 -->
            <include>Viewtype_3daddon</include><!-- 621 -->
+            <include>Viewtype_AudioBook</include><!-- 622 -->
+            <include>Viewtype_AudioBook_Tracks</include><!-- 623 -->
    </control>

line 139 down

Code:
            <control type="togglebutton" id="29">
                <description>Toggle MoviesFanart</description>
                <include>WindowMenuButton</include>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[31086]</label>
                <altlabel>$LOCALIZE[31214]</altlabel>
                <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(music_files_fanart)</onclick>
                <selected>Skin.HasSetting(music_files_fanart)</selected>
                <visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
            </control>
+            <control type="togglebutton" id="30">
+                <description>Toggle MoviesFanart</description>
+                <include>WindowMenuButton</include>
+                <label>BookPlus</label>
+                <altlabel>$LOCALIZE[21375]</altlabel>
+                <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(BookPlus)</onclick>
+                <selected>Skin.HasSetting(BookPlus)</selected>
+                <visible>Control.IsVisible(622)</visible>
+            </control>

line 175 down

Code:
            <control type="label">
                <include>WindowMenuLabel</include>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[14018]</label>
@                <visible>Control.IsVisible(50) | Control.IsVisible(621) | Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(622)</visible>        
            </control>

Then go to Viewtype_AudioBook.xml and add/modify this:

line 35 down

Code:
            <animation effect="rotatey" center="50" start="12" end="10" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
            <itemlayout width="176" height="245">

Then go to Viewtype_AudioBook_Tracks.xml and add/modify this:

line 30 down

Code:
            <include>Animation_Viewtype_Panel_FocusArea</include>
            <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-40,0" time="400" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Control.HasFocus(92)">Conditional</animation>
            <itemlayout width="1210" height="36">

Keep in mind I didn't test this and I'm doing it on the fly, I'm pretty sure it's all right but don't guarantee it. Also remember, every time you update this changes will be "deleted" so you need to backup this modified files or code again.

Enjoy
Thanks for taking the time to show me that; all seems to be working fine. Smile

And yeah, I usually make a copy of good skins so I have the original and one to butcher while I learn to skin and customize to my own tastes. Big Grin
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Night.Purity1