• 17(current)
[MOD] Night.Purity
Hi KiSUAN!
Im very impressed by your skin.
Before I found it I preffered Transparency! but these enormous customisation options are absolutely wonderful.
I also watched your tut video about adding a homemenu button for audiobooks.
I did everything like in the video but if I go into the menu button Audiobooks the folder is empty.
I tried different settings but nothing changes.
Do you know which mistake I do?

I read Post 175 but it didnt help me solving the problem... still dont know what to do Undecided

Hi There,
now its working, but dont know what ive changed... Maybe it was the add to database button.
My Problem now is: How should I sort my Audiobooks.
My books on my server are in this structure: Artist/Album/Tracks (CD1,CD2,CD3...)
The order in xbmc Audiobook is (as you know) Album/Tracks
Is there an option to arrange them like my Audiobook folder?
for me would be to set the whole folder "Audiobooks" from my server as a menu button. If I could get some cover working it would be perfect for me.
Maybe someone could help me with that.
For the Audiobooks to work, You must 1st you must go and edit all your audiobook files "ID3" tags (be it that they can support ID3 tags, - MP3/MP4/FLAC/APE all can - I have found that "MediaMonkey" is the best software for doing that). And set the Genre tag to "Audiobook (or whatever you like).

Then add the folder where all you Audiobook files are located as a "Source" for Audio files like you would with music when adding them to the Library.

Then just follow my steps in the video

Quote:Is there an option to arrange them like my Audiobook folder?

Yes. Just make sure that the ID3 tag of the files have the "Disc" number added. I Have "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" books and they are spread over a few CDs worth. So when you look at the images below. You should be able to see how you should "ID3-tag" your files.

I Know it is a pain to go and re-tag all your files. But it is worth it in the long term.

Oh thank you very mouch!
My Music and Audiobook Collection is well tagged at all :-)
I also have mediamonkey but for little Corrections and Cover I use Tag&Rename instead.
I use 2 categories "Hoerbuecher" and "Hoerspiele" (Yes I'm german :-) )
First is Audiobooks, second is the Story as Dialouge with Soundeffects and so...
So the only thing I have to edit is the Disc Field.
But I cant believe that this is the reason for XBMC nothing to add to my Smart Playlist...
Greets
Hey just a quick request. (feel free to shoot me down)
But I was wondering if it would be possible to have the showcase view have an option for square icons.
Just a bumboing as this will need some looking at when Eden comes
Just dropping by to say hi, my trip is almost finished, getting back to Uruguay the 14 of december, so I hope I can start working again in the mod asap. Will check whats new with eden, in proper night skin, the requests, pending stuff I like to add and thank you oddsodz for the replays.

Cya...
KiSUAN Wrote:Just dropping by to say hi, my trip is almost finished, getting back to Uruguay the 14 of december, so I hope I can start working again in the mod asap. Will check whats new with eden, in proper night skin, the requests, pending stuff I like to add and thank you oddsodz for the replays.

Cya...

Yo mate, all the best ... and thanx for all the stuff you've shared, especially your artworks !

Hope to see more soon Smile

Cheers
And my heart skips a beat. Nice to hear that this skin will be "Eden" ready soon. Thanks
yes.. it will be good to see both Night & purity to be up there with the rest ..love these skins..
KiSUAN, I don't mean to be a bother and I know you merely authored the mod for night, but it seems that you are more interested in the future of this skin that the original author (hope its not true!), and I have been doing what I can to work out some smaller bugs on my install. That being said if you get a chance could you take a look at the 'new albums' widget for the homescreen? It appears to only display single songs now within the widget instead of whole albums, and I've been trying to tinker with the code but I am pretty close to clueless when it comes to skinning.

Just wanted to toss that out there.. Perhaps we could round up a few stray bug fixes and get an unofficial Night version for eden?

Thanks!
Skabyss, I've always tried to help mcborzu and any bug I've founded in Night I've always reported to him with a proper solution if possible and always will keep doing this, more so, I've always tried to keep my changes, "code" as similar to original night so development for both is easier.

So, I'll take a look at it, I can't promise it's going to be fast anyway, things are going slower and weird than anticipated in my return home, very long trip...
KiSUAN Wrote:Skabyss, I've always tried to help mcborzu and any bug I've founded in Night I've always reported to him with a proper solution if possible and always will keep doing this, more so, I've always tried to keep my changes, "code" as similar to original night so development for both is easier.

So, I'll take a look at it, I can't promise it's going to be fast anyway, things are going slower and weird than anticipated in my return home, very long trip...

By all means take your time, I just didn't want to see this skin go ignored! Thanks for the help and have a safe trip home.
Just a quick question here as I am using the Purity mod which is very nice!

When playing music and the visualization starts, I have it set for fanart background with the ProjectM viz.

Is there an easy way to make the ProjectM viz less transparent so it shows up a bit more?

Thanks
I've just tried out Purity and am already impressed by its improved compatibility with Eden.

My main reason to try Purity out is that there is a bug in Night viewing TV Shows in Library mode using Logo view ... but this bug is also in Purity.

While displaying the TV show list in Logo view, when you select/highlight a TV Show, the show fanart appears in the background plus shadow overlay. The fanart/shadowing remain when you open the show's folder to display its list of episodes/seasons.

The problem is that when you try to go back up a folder level to the TV shows list, you just get the background fanart (minus shadow overlay) and nothing else, i.e. the TV show logos display is missing. The only way I've found to exit this screen is to escape to the Home Menu, and from there I can re-enter TV Shows to display TV shows logos again.

In Dharma it worked perfectly, and the problem only started in Eden pre-releases and persists in the stable release. I've tried other viewtypes for TV shows and it is only the Logo view that has this problem... but that is my preferred view for TV shows.

It would be great if the bug can be fixed at some point.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Night.Purity1