Dual Monitor setup
Sad 
Hello, I am getting a headache trying to keep XBMC on my secondary monitor, I want to be able to let my daughter watch movies, while I use the internet, etc on my primary monitor, but as soon as I click on my primary monitor, XBMC disapears on my TV, but on the primary it shows up on the taskbar, and if I click it, comes back up! on the TV, I have a Sony 32" LCD as my secondary via a DVI to HDMI cable, and also built a cable for the digital audio out! and it's working like a charm, but I want to know how to set XBMC as "always on top" so that when I click on my primary monitor, it wont go away! also want to have the sound to come out only via SPPDIF, it it on both my PC speakers and TV, and want to have it only SPDIF output! Huh
Big Grin 
Laugh Big Grin Finally!!!! found out how, was really easy, just had to add this to the end by going to properties on the XBMC icon! where target is looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2

and IT WORKSSS!!!! if I wanna control XBMC just click on the taskbar on my primary and I can use the keyboard to control it! or move my mouse to the secondary display also does it!!!! YES YES YES! no only want to fix the audio issue, where I want ONLY SPDIF out to my tv and NOT and my pc speakers! the sound comes out on both! I can turn down the volume on my mixer for pc speakers, but wish to have it separately if possible for programs to use, example... TV with a movie and movies audio, pc with music, or skype, whatever, separetely!, now all I wish I had is a REMOTE!!! Sad

o forgot to mention you have to select in XBMC, System Settings, Video Output set Use a full screen window rather than true fullscreen to ON, "ticked"!
I was in the same situation awhile back with triple monitors and my tv being the 3rd. On the latest dharma releases you can go to the video output settings and set full screen and then what ever monitor you wanted. Mine was fullscreen #3. Also as for the sound again I had the same situation and you can go to the audio output settings and select SPDIF as the output in XBMC. Now My pc has a sound card for the speakers at my pc and I was using the motherboards SPDIF connection so I don't know if that would make a difference.
I have dual monitors, but I don't have an option for the fullscreen #2. All I have is windowed and fullscreen #1.
Help, please, how do I get the fullscreen #2 options to show up?

PS. I have them setup as Multiple displays: Extend these displays in ....Display>Screen Resolution. Windows 7.
Do I need to to setup my displays in some other particular manner?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I don't know about Vista or Win 7 I use XP, and like it better, Vista eats up tooo much memory & resources! don't know about 7, do you have the latest version?
I tried something out and it worked. I noticed that my main display was #2, not #1 in win display settings. All I did is switch cables. Now my main monitor is on mini-hdmi and is #1, as it supposed to be, I guess. And poof - magic Smile I get the options for both displays in settings.
No idea why this was a problem, or why it fix it. Just tried it out and it worked. Maybe someone more experienced in these things could explain what's that all about.
Does ""C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2" really have any effect? The use fullscreen window option should be the trick to not making it minimize when trying to do other things with XBMC running. Running XBMC this way though could hamper playback performance depending on your gfx chip. The only thing I discoverd yesterday and not reported yet is that if you press the "/" key to take it out of fullscreen and then press it again to go back, XBMC defaults to monitor #1 even if it was previously set to be on #2. Maybe your trick would make it stick to monitor #2.
Danielmpr,
Did you tell XBMC which audio settings to use? I have a similar setup to yours and have never had any problems seperating the audio just as long as I set up XBMC properly in System Settings>Audio Hardware. This has worked for me on WinXP, Vista and 7.
danielmpr Wrote:I don't know about Vista or Win 7 I use XP, and like it better, Vista eats up tooo much memory & resources! don't know about 7, do you have the latest version?

Get 7 and you will never look back to XP Nod I ran win 7 on a single core atom netbook with 2gb of ram
yes, I have audio set to HDMI, but also sounds on my pc speakers, or if my pc makes a sound sounds on the tv, I want it seperately if possible! you can hear the movie through my pc speakers. and my pc through the tv, wish there was a way to do ummm dual audio?
tried setting my soundchip REALTEK HD "Enable playback multi streaming" but didn't work! don't even know what it does?!?!?!
@danielmpr WOW! thank you thank you.... I was looking on how to do this now I can browse on my computer while playing a movie or music on the the TV.... xbmc keeps me very impressed.... time to buy a remote and see how it works...

P.S. I did not have to use the SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2 command was inside xbmc options.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Monitor setup1