Launcher & Executer - Please Help
Hi,

Hope someone can help me. I followed a guide on the forum on how to use Launcher/Executer using the following script. I am currently running XBMC live Dharma RC2.

@!/bin/bash
fluxbox &
"Name of App"
killall -9 fluxbox

This is working fine with Firefox and pptview however I can not get it work correctly with openoffice. When I try and launch openoffice the program flashes up on screen for just a millisecond and then reverts back to XBMC as if the program had stopped and started. However if I then run either the Firefox laucher or pptview and minimize them in fluxbox I can see that open office is running in the background.

So I can work around the problem but I don't undertsand why this is happening. I can close openoffice after launching one of the other scripts however navigating the program this way can be problematic and often causes the Firefox program to corrupt.

I have tried all scripts in both Executer and Launcher however the results are the same. I have the feeling I may be missing something simple as openoffice can obviously run however it needs tweaking to open and close properly by using it's own plugin.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launcher & Executer - Please Help0