MythTV source treats movies as TV shows (Dharma RC2 and earlier)
Hi there,

First of all - thanks for all your hard you devs are doing on XBMC. Dharma is going to be a great release Smile

I've got Dharma RC2 set up to look at my MythTV 0.23.1 backend, using the built-in MythTV source. Until recently I had MythTV set up to use the EPG to grab programme data, and it seems that the data we get over-the-air here in the UK doesn't work so well with the XBMC 'movie or tv show' decision logic - everything was classified as a TV show. I took a quick look at the code and it seems that anything with a programme ID starting with 'MV' is classed as a movie, and anything else as a TV show. With the EPG data, I was getting programme IDs for movies starting with "www.bbc.co.uk...", so that explains this behaviour.

I've since switched to grabbing my programme data from the Radio Times. Far more detail and - bonus - I get programme IDs for movies that start with 'MV' Smile So anything I've recorded from the point I made the switch to the Radio Times grabber is turning up in the right place under the MythTV source in XBMC. All the old stuff is still stuck under TV shows.

To try to fix that, I've added the movielength setting to my advancedsettings.xml. This means that most (probably all) of my old movies now show up under the Movies section, which is great. The only problem I have now is that they also still show up in the TV shows section. This then causes problems when the TV show scraper kicks in and tries to get TV show data for my movies.

I'm going to try to find some time to take a proper look at the code and step through it to see what's going on, but I thought I'd post here too to see what you experts think! Could it be that I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV source treats movies as TV shows (Dharma RC2 and earlier)0