[LINUX] Create an own main menu entry?
Hi, this is my first thread and post in this forum. I' m glad to find the way to your community.

Here is my first question: How can I create an own main menu entry for example "Radio". Which configuration file is the right one?

System information:
- Linux: Mandriva Linux 2010.1, Kernel 2.6.33.7, Gnome
- XBMC: xbmc-10.0-0.svn35305.dharma.pvr.0.1mdv2010.1.i586 (# urpmi xbmc), Skin: Confluence

---
Regards and thanks for your time, efforts and support
After searching for a while here in this forum, I' ve found this mod http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65964. I' ll test this mod with the "confluence skin" maybe it' ll fix my problem. I' ll give you a feedback after testing, so long...

---
System information: Linux: Mandriva Linux 2010.1, Kernel 2.6.33.7, Gnome, XBMC: xbmc-10.0-0.svn35305.dharma.pvr.0.1mdv2010.1.i586 (# urpmi xbmc), Skin: Confluence

Lost of skin do this job now
Influence
or
Customizable Confluence
for example.
Hi yiarkyiark, thanks for your request.
Quote:Lost of skin do this job now
Is "lost of skin" an addon or an part of your skin-mod? Where can I find (download) "lost of skin", there are any screenshots available? Remember, I only want to create an new main menu entry like "Radio" (it w'll be perfect to create submenu entries).

---
System information: Linux: Mandriva Linux 2010.1, Kernel 2.6.33.7, Gnome, XBMC: xbmc-10.0-0.svn35305.dharma.pvr.0.1mdv2010.1.i586 (# urpmi xbmc), Skin: Confluence

mado Wrote:Hi yiarkyiark, thanks for your request.
Is "lost of skin" an addon or an part of your skin-mod? Where can I find (download) "lost of skin", there are any screenshots available? Remember, I only want to create an new main menu entry like "Radio" (it w'll be perfect to create submenu entries).

---

Oups, sorry read "LOTs of skin"
Try Influence
http://influence.googlecode.com/files/In...0beta2.zip
Go to SYSTEM/SKIN/MENU/Customize menu MENU 1
Set the label menu
Set the path to the addon/playlist/favori/Script
You can set submenu if you want
Hi, yiarkyiark, I have download your baybe, the influence skin, well done "thumbs up".

Now I set a new menu entry like "Radio" without a problem but I have for every radio station a seperate playlist (m3u, pls). The problem I can only set one path
Quote:Set the path to the addon/playlist/favori/Script
So I need an option to set the path to my stream directory where all the playlists stored.

Is this possible? And how can I realise this option with the confluence basic skin (duplicate and modify the lines in the config file )?

Quote:You can set submenu if you want
I want but I can not find this option?
mado Wrote:Is this possible? And how can I realise this option with the confluence basic skin (duplicate and modify the lines in the config file )?
It's not possible with confluence, or you have to change the skin. Not very difficult to add a new entry and sub menu in home.xml

mado Wrote:Quote:
I want but I can not find this option?
I don't understand
If you set a new entry, you can also set 4 submenu for this entry.
Quote:Not very difficult to add a new entry and sub menu in home.xml
I am using XBMC since two weeks, so it is not easy for me to edit the Home.xml Blush

Quote:If you set a new entry, you can also set 4 submenu for this entry.
Oh yes you are right, sorry it was my fault, thanks

The first steps are done. To create a new menu entry into the confluence basic skin, following links helps me out:
- http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62229 and
- http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=411326&postcount=7

1. create a backup from confluence Home.xml
Code:
# cp -dv /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml ./Home.backup.xml

2. edit the Home.xml file (example with the gedit editor)
Code:
# gedit /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml

2.1 search for the main menu start lines (STRG + F)
Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="9000">

2.2 insert a new menu entry (button) by duplicating an existing entry like "Music" for example

Code:
<!-- radio, start of menu button code -->
                    <item id="10001">
                        <label>Radio</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,Radio)</onclick>
                        <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/music.jpg</icon>
                        <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Music_Folder)]</thumb>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMusicButton)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <!-- radio, end of menu button code -->

I have paste this entry directly under the existing "Music" entry, after that I have modify some lines. I have set an non existing Item-ID an set the Radio directory as the destination folder (onclick), in this example, the folder Radio must exist in my home directory.

3. restart xbmc, thats it

Now I need to create some submenu entries, how can I do that?

---

After some tests, here is my next problem. The music menu has a small arrow on the right side, this arrow shows me the two basic sub menus "Files" and "Add-ons". This both entries are not available in the new created radio button, why? I have only copy and paste the code? Huh
-
mado Wrote:The problem I can only set one path So I need an option to set the path to my stream directory where all the playlists stored.
Hi yirakyirak, with your great influence skin I can set the direct path to a directory in this way

System/Menu Costomizer/Customize menue/
- Button Label: Radio
- Path to Add-on/Free: Same lines from the "onclick tag": ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,Radio) and it works very good for me Big Grin

To get access to the "Radio" directory, this directory folder must create direct in the home directory /home/<username>/Radio. Now I want to get access to the same folder as a subfolder in Music /home/<username>/Music/Radio. How must I edit the noclick tag lines now? I have try
- ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,Music/Radio)
- ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,/home/username/Music/Radio)

but this dont work...
mado Wrote:Hi yirakyirak, with your great influence skin I can set the direct path to a directory in this way

System/Menu Costomizer/Customize menue/
- Button Label: Radio
- Path to Add-on/Free: Same lines from the "onclick tag": ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,Radio) and it works very good for me Big Grin

To get access to the "Radio" directory, this directory folder must create direct in the home directory /home/<username>/Radio. Now I want to get access to the same folder as a subfolder in Music /home/<username>/Music/Radio. How must I edit the noclick tag lines now? I have try
- ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,Music/Radio)
- ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,/home/username/Music/Radio)

but this dont work...
Hmm, Try to navigate with common method, set a favorite a the point you want and then go to custom menu and choose the favorite you set
to set a favorite is no problem. When I copy the path from "favorite.xml" into the onclick tag it works, means I have accass to the folder /home/<username>/Music/Radio. But if go one step back (return key) I must go back thru the hole directorys and did not jump direct into the main menue.

I think it must be possible to set a absolute directory path inot the onclick tag ActivateWindow(MusicFiles,<absolute path to a directory>)
yiarkyiark Wrote:Oups, sorry read "LOTs of skin"
Try Influence
http://influence.googlecode.com/files/In...0beta2.zip
Go to SYSTEM/SKIN/MENU/Customize menu MENU 1
Set the label menu
Set the path to the addon/playlist/favori/Script

Hi yirakyirak, I have set a costumize menu in the way yo told me, where can I find these settings (lines) in the Home.xml? Huh

Regards to Paris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Create an own main menu entry?0