Dharma RC2, Revo 3610 - Inconsistant sound....Help! :0)
Guys,

I am having issues with the sound on my live install. I have searched extensively but can’t find an answer. I’m hoping you can help.

I have an Acer Aspire Revo R3610, Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NVIDIA ION.

Using UNetbootin, I created a bootable USB stick of Dharma RC2 (xbmc-Dharma_rc2.iso 02-Dec-2010 14:47). I installed directly to the HD (no partition), everything installed and at first glance looked to be working; ‘Out of the box setup’.

When I try to play any of the mp3’s on the drive (added after the install). It will start to play the song but will then go silent and error with ‘failed to initialise audio device’. In terms of usability, the system continues as nothing has happened (apart from no sound). I can still move around xbmc and select other songs and stuff, at no point does it bomb out.

If I leave the system to play an album, the sound comes and goes. Doesn't seem to have any consistancy, I wondered if the driver is fighting for resource?

Incidentally, I never had these issues with Camelot.

This isn't an upgrade it was a clean install.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks
I can't answer why this is happening... but my experience is that when I used unetbootin to make a bootable thumbdrive, I had the same issue (I'm using the same PC). When I used Boot Disk Wizard from the Dharma Live CD to make the same bootable thumb drive, I didn't have the sound issues. I'm new and learning, so take this info for what it's worth. I hope it helps.
Honestly, I haven't heard of this one from anyone else, and my guess is that's why no one has chimed in with a solution. It sounds like it's either a legitimate hardware issue, or maybe the byproduct of a faulty install. I would personally just repeat your whole process. Redownload RC2, use unetbootin and put it on your USB stick again. Repeat the install. If you're still having the problem, let us know your audio settings and some detailed instructions on how to reproduce what you're seeing. Also make sure that this is not specific to certain MP3s.
Thanks Guys

I didn't have these issues with the Stable release, It worked fine.

Its only since doing a clean install of RC2.

I'll give it another go tonight & let you know how I get on. I'll alo check the mp3's. I suspect its not them as they have all been ripped from CD in the same way.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma RC2, Revo 3610 - Inconsistant sound....Help! :0)0