Making Toshiba Remote work or buy something else?
Hey i got a Toshiba RF Remote, it looks a bit like the one mentioned in this thread, and i also used to use it exactly how mentioned in this read liker 2 years ago on vista.

But now, on 7 i cant get it working anymore, ive spent the last 4 Hours Searching, trying and erroring. Its driving me insane.
So my Question: Is there any easy way to make this piece of crap work and not just launching Windows Media Center all the time?

If not:
Is the any Cheap, not IR Controlled remote for XBMC out there? My Screen is located in a different direction than my Computer, so IR doesnt realy work for me. Is the any remote (BT, RF, Wifi, whatever) which works with XBMC, at least almost Plugandplay for an affordable price?
You could use the PS3 Bluetooth remote, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._BD_Remote

Or a Harmony remote with the PS3 extender. An Harmony remote with RF is also a possibility, like the 900.

If you want to go by WiFi, the app for Android is great, but also the Apple OS4 app is also nice, not sure if it got wake on lan.

The cheapest way is probably an RC6 (Windows Media Center) remote with an IR extender.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making Toshiba Remote work or buy something else?0