playlist
Question 
ok, i must be getting too old to think correctly anymore.
how do i creat a playlist and add content. i tried searching with no avail.
Shocked
Thanks,
merlinknight
Some skins have links to playlists via submenus on Movies. If not just click Movies, then click the "..", to go backwards, and do that one more time until you see "Create Smart Playlist"...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Playlist

The articles on the Wiki tend to be out of date (the tempation to spend time writing code rather than documenting it is almost irrestible!) but it's always worth starting there.

JR
When i click on the ".." it shows a picture of a computer on the network hard drive. Can't figure how to change this to local hard drive.
I am running the Confluence skin.
Just want to make a playlist.
I read this info already with no help or i missed something.

Thanks for the help,
merlinknight
What I do (not necessarily the best way) is to go into Music or Video as appropriate, select Add Source then Browse and choose "Music playlists". Once you've added the source select it and there are options to create new playlists.

An alternative way is to navigate to whatever tracks/videos you want, press C then select Queue, and this builds up the "Currently playing" playlist. To view the list contents press C the select Currently playing. Press the left arrow to open the side menu and you can save the playlist. It then appears under the playlist source as described above.

An alternative alternative is to note that playlists are just .m3u files and you can create and edit them using any text editor.

JR
are you trying to create a "normal" playlist or a smart playlist?

If you want a normal, static playlist then I think jhsrennie's approach is the easiest way to do it.

If you want a smart playlist, in Confluence...
  1. Highlight (but don't select) Video
  2. Right Arrow
  3. In the extended menu, select Library
  4. Select Playlists from the new menu
  5. You now have a list of all of your current playlists
  6. Last item is New Smart Playlist (or something similar)
Actually, the OP is right. It's hard to find the playlist editor. I should be placed in the Extended menu of the Videos section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playlist0