Custom Home Menu items (alternate home menu)
Anybody know how to do this in Shade with the Alternate Home menu? I'd like to add "Concerts" to my Menu next to Movies and TV Shows. I'd like to have it here rather than using something like Genre favorites. I don't display "Videos" on my Home menu. Thanks for any help on this one.

-hogfan
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76388&page=21

post #201 and the answer #204 ...
That's what I was looking for.

-hogfan
Ok, I created a new video smartplaylist and called it Concerts. I created a rule for the smartplaylist to contain all movies where the path is the path to my concerts folder (I keep all my concerts in a separate folder from the other movies.) Once the playlist was created, I could choose it and browse all my concert DVDS nicely in Library mode.

I then set the "Concerts" playlist as a Favorite and added a custom Home Menu item from the Skin Settings of Shade. I now have "Concerts" on my home screen, but when I choose it, it just starts playing the first concert in the playlist rather than letting me view the contents of the playlist. What am I doing wrong?

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:Ok, I created a new video smartplaylist and called it Concerts. I created a rule for the smartplaylist to contain all movies where the path is the path to my concerts folder (I keep all my concerts in a separate folder from the other movies.) Once the playlist was created, I could choose it and browse all my concert DVDS nicely in Library mode.

I then set the "Concerts" playlist as a Favorite and added a custom Home Menu item from the Skin Settings of Shade. I now have "Concerts" on my home screen, but when I choose it, it just starts playing the first concert in the playlist rather than letting me view the contents of the playlist. What am I doing wrong?

-hogfan

I had the same problem ...

see here:
Thanks. That is what I was looking for. That should get me going. Appreciate the help.

-hogfan
Looks like that file doesn't exist in Shade. Any idea which xml this setting is in?

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:Looks like that file doesn't exist in Shade. Any idea which xml this setting is in?

-hogfan

Try to change the line 65 in " custom_DialogFavourites.xml "

PHP Code:
<onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)</onfocus

to:

PHP Code:
<onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=window)</onfocus
I think that will get me taken care of. I was looking in that file before, must have just overlooked that line while scanning through it.

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:I think that will get me taken care of. I was looking in that file before, must have just overlooked that line while scanning through it.

-hogfan

How's going ? It works ? Let me know ...

Cheers
Made that change and then recreated the Favorite and custom menu item in skin settings and it works great now! Thanks for the help on that. You don't know if it's possible to re-order the home menu items do you? That way I could have "Concerts" next to "TV Shows" & "Movies". I think this may require some skin hacking, if it's possible. Smile Thanks again.

-hogfan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Home Menu items (alternate home menu)0